“espresso in a large paper cup, not a good sign.”
Review of Mad City Coffee

Mad City Coffee
Ranked #2 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Columbia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I heard great things about this place so i drove over to check it out. I always start with espresso to get a feel for the coffee.

When I ordered espresso the barista reached for a 12oz. paper cup, i responded that i'd like it for here, and she reached for an 8 oz. coffee mug... OK, that's a little odd though every place has it's own style. then she put the mug under the espresso machine and just let it run... and run... and run... and she filled that mug!

needless to say it tasted like burnt chalk.

Perhaps espresso is not the thing here, so I ordered a large latte to go to bring back to my wife. i gave it to her without telling her where it was from and her first reaction to tasting it was "no". The latte had that same burnt chalk taste of over-extracted beans.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

They roast their own beans, offer a ton of different beans from all over the world, have a ton of coffee and tea drinks and sandwiches, muffins and sweets. There are tables inside and outside. There's a buy ten and get one free card as well. It is the go to coffee shop in the area with a branch at the local hospital. I highly recommend Mad City Coffee!!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I want to rate this place much higher. I can not only because the service and the accuracy is just too far off.
It is a very cute coffee house with good sandwiches. I frequent it often. Sometimes, if you only have a 1/2 hour to get a to go lunch it might not be enough time.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The Mad City Coffee House is a great place to meet someone where you can have something light to eat and a god cup of coffee. It is a good place to talk business as well.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Wide selection of coffees. Plenty of pastries for those who can eat them (GF folks, I didn't see any GF options on my visit). Friendly service, clean place, lots of seating, plenty of parking since it is part of an office complex. My mom had to stay at the hospital nearby for awhile, so I was a semi-regular visitor. Good folks!