Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bird photography photographers paradise birders species sharma habitat riding losers accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We were 12 people and went there in the month of November. It was an awesome weather. The place is away from all the encroachments. If you wish to go away from the concrete jungle, then this is the place. If you wish to spend your time in between the woods then visit this place. Homely food and helpful people.

Since the place is best for birds and nature, is away from market. We asked for urgent help around 11 pm and staff helped us immediately. Serene, tranquility are few adjectives for this camp. Place is not for drinks and fast songs but for meditation in silence and being with the nature. Resort staff or transport staff all helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I heard about Indian Savanna from my birder group friend and after some inquiry, I realized that it is my cup of tea. I am an amateur birdwatcher and not an ornithologist who pursue this activity due to my love and passion for nature and especially Birds(one of the most blessed creatures by god as they can only fly).

I made the booking for this property for couple of days. I reached Bhimtal lake and then called the property owner about exact location and he assisted me very well and told me that I need to reach V resort (which is on the way) and park the car there and a person is already waiting to take me forward to the resort, he called me again in midway to reaffirm.

After reaching V resort, I saw the guy was waiting for me and then we started walking towards the resort. While walking, I could sense the feeling of raw nature, odour of flowers, road and pathway giving me goose bumps but a great view of landscape and forest, In the meanwhile, I saw an owl staring at us probably Mountain Scops Owl and I immediately took its snap. I got a great welcome!!

We reached the resort in 15 mins. It is a small but beautiful resort with four nice swiss tents. The pavement area could have been better. After putting luggage in my allotted tent, I went to take a glimpse of resort and outside view. The resort was very nice and clean with all basic amenities. The tent's interior was very soothing with nice bed and attached bathroom had all the required amenities with good quality faucets etc. The food was very homely and nice and they took lots of care about hygiene.

Out side view was awesome, from the resort itself, I could see the great view of Sattal lake and hills on top, truly mesmerizing. The resort owners have created a bird studio and I spent rest of my day there putting on my binoculars and wait for birds. The resort location was very serene, truly in lap of nature, totally unperturbed, very peaceful and calm, a heaven for bird watchers.

One of the resort owner who happens to be birder himself arrived in evening and we had a long chat regarding the various species of birds found here. He was very knowledgeable and thoughtful. It looked like they created resort because of their passion rather than making it business.

I liked one good thing that they don't allow families over here as they don't want to make it picnic spot and disturb the ecosystem and bird life and only allow nature and bird lovers who respect nature and don't intrude in it. Also, landscape and resort is designed in this fashion only so that individual is more close to nature rather than the luxury of five start hotel.

For next two days, I spent most of my time going on the trip with property owner who showed me lots of inhabitant and few migratory birds and I was able to capture many of them in my camera.
One good thing was that in the morning, when I wake up I started my day in the company of clouds as the entire resort was engulfed in clouds.

Overall, it was a great stay - needed to stay longer(desire never ends) :) and would love to visit the place again...

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We booked this property in a group and it was an just average experience. First things first, there is no board or sign for directions. V resort is the landmark. No car parking, esp. if you have Sedan or higher. Trekking or hiking type of road accessibility to the property. We had to park our car at V resort road side and then, had to call jeep arranged by property owner.

Also, property is just running on bear minimum facilities as per rate. Coordination is dependent on only one poor chap who communicates between the property owner and tourist. Food was homely with limited options. That poor chap only prepares food, tea and take care of your things. The only plus point I see is bird studio they have created where photographers can sit and wait for birds to come. Swiss Tent are not isolated to cut off cold weather. Geyser and basic facilities are not available at times. Coordination is the main problem. You have three options - to do some up and down hiking to reach the hotel or take a private jeep or accessible cab to the hotel or coordinate with the owner to arrange jeep in advance. Otherwise; you are lost a bit. They could have provided with something better to make the trip worth it.

Phone Network is the biggest issue, so coordination in this area is a mess (not to blame property owner).

• Trip type: Travelled with friends