Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$61
US$145
US$89
Groupon.com
All reviewsroom was cleantrains passingcomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffnice hotelcoffee makeramtrak stationthe gapexcellent breakfastpedestrian mallthe western maryland scenic railroadbike ridenice staygreat allegheny passagedowntownpetbikes

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kent P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The location in Cumberland Downtown was just what we wanted, walking distance to the train depot and walking distance to restaurants and shops. Cumberland is like many smaller urban locations with a struggling downtown shopping area but we did find a variety of restaurants that were very good. The Ramada has a great young chef that made personalized omelets every morning and was very upbeat and informative. The rest of the staff I think either doesn't know what their jobs are, or don't care and know that no one is supervising their work. When we arrived the heating cooling unit had so much dust and dirt on it I didn't want to touch the temp. gauge. We had no wash cloths and the section of the rug on the far side of the bed had "stuff" on the rug. The next day when they came to clean our room they never emptied any of our trash - but when we took the glasses down to the registration desk that had been left in the room - a female worker who was sitting there got a big smile on her face - when my husband mentioned the trash, she said, "oh, sorry".When we first got there we asked the girl at the desk about a restaurant for dinner and her reply was, "I know about the fast food restaurants". No, we had inquired about a beer pub type of place with good food. Does the management blame the quality of the workers or is the management poor at motivating - teaching and supervising staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your stay with us. We are glad that the location of our hotel to downtown Cumberland accommodated you and that you enjoyed the made-to-order omelets from our chef during breakfast. We do apologize about the issues you had during your stay. I have relayed this review to our staff and we are discussing ways to resolve these issues from happening in the future. If you would like, contact me at the hotel to further discuss your stay with us.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was pleased with my room (clean-but then that's expected regardless of other amenities, quiet, A/C ran well, an iron and ironing board , a fridge and microwave.) Other than a free breakfast, there is no food service except on weekends when some bar food is available, but the bar is only open for happy hour and only until 9PM during the week and 10PM on the weekend. It closes just when guests might be returning from having to go out for dinner and want to party on, or just want a nightcap. They need to rethink their modus operandi in that department. The larger elevator seems to have a mind of its own. I was on the 6th floor and when I pushed my floor button and then someone else pushed a lower floor button, the car would rise to the lower floor, stop, but the door did not open and the elevator proceeded up to six and opened normally. I don't know if the car stopped and opened at the lower floor after that. Although that elevator was out of service most of one day, all this happened after it was back in service. I am an older person (75) and I might suggest a grab bar be installed on the wall at the foot of the tub since really any guest might forget while showering that the floor of the tub is considerably higher than the room floor. The single handle sink faucet leaked every time the water was turned on or off. Lastly, all the hotel employees were pleasant and helpful, but I asked for a wake up call on my last morning and didn't get one.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your stay with us. We are glad that you were pleased with your room. We do apologize about the maintenance issues you had during your stay. And also do apologize about the hours/food service days of our bar. I have relayed this to our staff and we are discussing ways to better accommodate these issues. If you would like, contact me at the hotel to further discuss your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.