“Good, but it's slipped some.”

Pazani Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Elkridge
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I really liked this place the first few times I went, either to dine in or carry out. It's a small restaurant with a varied selection, including a salad menu where you can pick the components to your liking. There's also a Mediteranean salad with shrimp special for lunch that is really good. But I was disappointed when I went recently. All of us had different pasta dishes and they were all good. I had a pasta rosa with seafood (which might not be the exact name), and enjoyed it. But the dressing on the side salad tasted suspiciously like Good Seasons rather than the really nice Italian I'd enjoyed before. This was the first time I'd gone on a weekend.
During the previous visits, the owner is there and very involved. On this Sunday, the young man at the counter was a little bit too chatty. He advised us that the owner empties the tip jar and takes the tips paid on bills paid by charge card, obviously wanting to encourage us to tip him directly. There were one or two more statements that made me wonder whether this guy had a falling-out with the owner, and whether he wanted to keep his job. He made our visit a little uncomfortable.
I'll go back, because the food has been good in the past, but I'm not as enthusiastic as I was.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

They simply have the best pizza! period. Their other items are also very good - especially the stromboli - but when we want Margherita or Sicilian pizza, there is only one place.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Pazani is sad. Time was we would drive from Clarksville all the way to Pazani as a treat because we loved the food. In the last 2 years, the quality has really gone downhill. Take last night. We ordered Garlic Knots as an appetizer. You know what those are: pizza dough twisted into a knot and brushed with oil and garlic, sometimes Parmesan, baked to a glaze and served with tomato sauce for dipping. Our knots had no garlic. Or anything else. Just plain bread, overcooked. Now, just how chintzy do you have to be to skimp on garlic?!? It's always like that now. Everything appears to be prepared with the bare minimum of effort by somebody who doesn't want to be there. Also, if you like grilled chicken, don't order it here. Tough and stringy. Pazani desperately needs someone who can cook Italian food, and someone who gives a darn. We're done there.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We love pazani for it's authentic Italian pizza. They also have a wide variety of other Italian dishes and pasta. There is a reason they are always busy.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Food is good, but with all the flies.....makes you nervous when you finish. Annoying when you sit in the restaurant and you are constantly trying to swat at these little pests while eating.