“First timers”

The Salt Sanctuary of Maryland
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Elkridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enter our peaceful microclimate on a beach-like bed of warm, mineral-rich Dead Sea Salt and settle into a comfortable zero-gravity recliner. Low lights softly reflect on glittering walls of pure salt, and healing alpha wave music calms your busy mind and body. As you breathe the clean salty air, sinuses and airways open up and stress slips away as relief and relaxation take over. So rejuvenating!
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Very relaxing! You sit for 45min listing to soft music a blanket is provided for you,the benefits are amazing anywhere from allergies to breathing issues!

saltsanctuarymd, Owner at The Salt Sanctuary of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

So glad you enjoyed your session in the salt therapy room! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We went for the first time due to my allergies and my mom's sinus issues. What a great experience! Ellen was super friendly and nice. She explained everything, which was not only very informative, but very interesting as well. The establishment is very clean and calming. Not only is the salt therapy helpful, it was just nice to relax and de-stress in such a peaceful environment. I would recommend everyone try salt therapy! We are going to make this part of our holistic health routine now.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I just left my first session and I have to say that the husband and wife team who run this place make you comfortable, calm and have a very warm vibe about them. My mind was racing when I first started the session, but before long, I was knocked out. I'm not a snorer, but I even woke myself up once with a snort. I definitely could've stayed there for hours. The room was the perfect temperature, the chairs were very comfortable, they lean all the way back and you have a cozy blanket on top of you. They dim the lights and you're off. They also give you great headphones with Alpha wave music. I can't wait to see how this helps with my allergies. I will definitely be back!

saltsanctuarymd, Owner at The Salt Sanctuary of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Yay - thank you Suzanne! We're so glad you enjoyed your salt therapy experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

So I have congestion and sinus issues and when I heard about this place, I knew I had to try it. My appointment was early Saturday morning and I was taken immediately. The staff is so kind and endearing to their guests. Everything (the process) was thoroughly explained and once I made it to the salt room, I rested very well for about 45 minutes. It has now been almost three days and I do not have this annoying congestion I usually have. I look forward to returning. I am making an appointment for my mom for Mothers Day.

1  Thank Hamptongirl1998
saltsanctuarymd, Owner at The Salt Sanctuary of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to The Salt Sanctuary and have gotten relief from your sinus congestion! Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

One's 1st impression is a lasting impression is what I go by. My husband and I experienced the Sanctuary today for the 1st time. Ellen was very knowledgeable and
personable and professional upon greeting us. The facility is immaculate and welcoming. I didn't want to leave when the time was up. We felt a difference after this 1st visit and will return for subsequent visits as well as recommend the Sanctuary to others!

saltsanctuarymd, Owner at The Salt Sanctuary of Maryland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Yay - thank you Karen! I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your session in the Salt Sanctuary. I look forward to seeing you both again soon! Ellen