“Nice place for dinner and drinks”

Minihane's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 February 2016

We've been here several times, trying different menu items. Not a huge menu selection but we've been happy with the choices. Fish and chips have always been good. I particularly liked the bangers and mash. Always washed down with a Guinness.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I have eaten at Minihane's a couple of times. Isn't my top choice of restaurants in the area, but they serve a good fish and chips. Large portion if you are hungry. The atmosphere is pleasant, very much like an Irish Pub. This restaurant is good for couples, families with school aged children. The servers are nice and easy to talk to.

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Simply decorated but very refreshing. The toasty wood burning fire was my favorite feature. Staff was quick and friendly. We had lunch, which was good but nothing special. Overall a big thumbs up, we are looking forward to coming back.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

My wife and I visited Minihane's Irish Pub last night and it was a very good meal. We both had the beef stew and it was rich and hardy. The beer that I had was nice and cold. The soda bread was a nice touch, but it was a bit stale. The prices are high for Elkton, MD, but that keeps the riff raft out! We are going to return.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

We and another couple each drove 1.5 hours to meet at Minihane's for lunch because it is about halfway between where we live. And we like Irish pubs. What a disappointment. As stated, the hamburger was pretty good but other than that, the only good thing about Minihane's was spending time with our friends.

To start with, service was exceeding slow and only five tables had guests seated at them. Two other couples came in, waiting an ordinary amount of time for service that didn't come, and then left. There was only one wait person but she should have easily been able to handle the traffic.

Two in our group ordered soups for appetizers. Our bad -- we should have sent them back to be warmed up. The soda bread was cold, just out of the refrigerator, cold. We talked over the soup and bread, all the food was long finished and we were wondering where our main courses were.

Two of us ordered fish and chips. After 40 minutes the manager came to tell us that they had no fish and we would have to order something else. FORTY minutes!! We questioned why that wasn't known right away when we ordered and were told the chef from the night before forgot to put on the order board more fish was needed and today's chef spent all that time looking for fish. Now, I admit, I've never worked in a restaurant but I'm pretty sure there is a space in the freezer for the fish. If that space is empty, there probably is no fish. It's not like they would hide it behind the roast beef!

The other two meals had already been prepared and were being kept under heat lamps so we two without fish and chips ordered the fastest food we could get, hence the burger I had. By the time all the food came out, the roast chicked ordered by one of us had gone cold, to the point the layer of fat between the skin and meat had recongealed.

At this point, we more or less threw up our hands, finsihed our water and coffees and decided enough was enough.

The manager did comp us the two extra meals, thanks to the request to do so by the waitress, but that will not get us back to their table ever again.

Been to Minihane's Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!