“Awesome pizza and Birthday Cake”
Review of One Dish Cuisine

One Dish Cuisine
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a full Cafe, Deli and Bakery dedicated to those with Celiac Disease and/or Food Allergies. We have many Vegan and Vegetarian Options as well. Our Facility is free of Gluten (Wheat, Rye & Barely), Oats, Soy, Egg, Sesame, Fish, Shell Fish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts (except coconut). Our 2nd kitchen is also free of Casein (Milk, Dairy, Lactose.) *If you have other allergies, please notify us when you arrive and please consult our ingredient book!
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Came in with family and got multiple items. We tried the Steak & Cheese pizza, we all loved it. We tried the Reuben Pizza, those that were not sauerkraut fans did not like it ( I liked it). Had the maryland wings, they were awesome. Then a few of us got cold cut subs and a crispy chicken sandwich. All were great. The birthday cake - chocolate cake / chocolate frosting was great.

Maureen B, Owner at One Dish Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thanks for the review charliellauren and I am so glad you all enjoyed your meals and took the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2016

My wife and I came here because we live in the neighborhood and had a Restaurant.com certificate. While I am sure that the food is good for those who dietary restrictions especially since finding a restaurant like this is difficult, for people like us with no restrictions we found the food to be mediocre and somewhat bland. Also the prices are on the higher side as you would expect given that it is essentially a specialty restaurant. Would I return? No. But for someone with dietary restrictions I can see how this place would be a good option.

1  Thank mikedc0813
Maureen B, Owner at One Dish Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Thanks for your review Mikedc. Since you don't have food allergies or celiac disease; I can see why this would be different for you. Thanks for stopping in and for acknowledging and understanding what it is that we actually do here!

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

This place was clean and the people are amazing, knowledgable, and friendly. I ordered eggplant Parmesan. The other two ordered a Ruben and a cheeseburger. It felt free knowing that I was safe to eat anything.

Thanks for the knowledge and the freedom to eat without fear.

Maureen B, Owner at One Dish Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share your experience! The eggplant parmesan is always a big hit and so is the rueben and cheeseburger. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Love love love ODC!!! The menu options are amazing! Pizza is fannnnnntastic! I always call ahead because the stuff is made to order and takes time! I've got two toddlers that will eat anything off these menus!!! Blue or green!!! The staff is amazing and friendly! They always ask what's the allergy, make suggestions, and offer support groups and literature! My personal favorites are the pizza and the chicken finger and fries! The honey mustard NEEDS TO BE BOTTLED!!!!!!! Thanks thanks thanks!

Thanks for your review Aja J! In a time when most people only write a review when something bad happens, it really is a treat when someone takes the time out of their day to review us and we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Yes to this place %100! I have Celiac disease and was VERY impressed that I could eat EVERYTHING on each menu! "What do you mean on 'each' menu?"
Well, they have 2 menus: blue and green. The green menu is free of the top allergies excluding dairy. The blue menu is free of everything INCLUDING dairy. They keep everything colored coded with blue or green labels. They have food for everyday people in there... Meaning it isn't pretentious!
For lunch I had the Crispy Chicken hot sandwich with chips and a pickle. The other person in my party had the Steak and Cheese sandwich with french fries and a pickle. Keep in mind: the french fries are a $3.50 up charge (kind of crazy, but they were good!) and the lettuce and onion was $0.50 up charge that we had no idea about. Then we finished off the with Tiramisu Whoopie Pie and that was DELICIOUS! Overall, don't go to this place thinking it is a cheap allergy free meal. It is pricey, but for a good cause. Susan was super nice to us as she explained everything they had to offer in detail. It was nice being in a place that isn't about 'health' per say, but about making good, tasty, safe food for everyone.
Just because of the price we might not be back anytime soon, but for the experience it will bring me back!

3  Thank PL2016

Thanks for the great review PL2016. I am so glad you enjoyed your food and experience here. Quick FYI for you...we make everything in house, breads & pizza crust (and vitamin enrich it too), condiments, sauces, slice our meats and hand cut our french fries so that they are free of all of the allergens and "junk" that is often found in commercially produced fries & food. We are the only restaurant in the U.S, who does what we do and that is because nobody wants to expend the effort & labor that is needed to do what we do. It is not cheap. Every week you spend 242% more for gluten/allergen free food at the grocery store...but not here.. if that was the case our Reuben w/chips & pickle would cost $41 instead of $15.99! Hope this sheds some light on the pricing and we look forward to seeing you all again!