“To shame”
Review of El Pollo Rico

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #208 of 363 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 7 February 2015

I never write my review from anger. However, after almost 12 hours have gone by I still feel exactly the same way. So here is my Yelp review...
I hate that the Gaithersburg location which is the closest to us, has such horrible, sad, apathetic people working it. The so called "manager" Kenny is the worst, most sad human being in the entire universe. He is rude and I highly dislike him. My office finds it convenient to call and order here because they deliver. Unfortunate for me this person is the one who always answered the phone, I can remember his dark gloomy voice because he sounds so unhappy. Today our order took over a hour and we are still currently waiting. I called twice to ask where our food is and they did not care, we order food every week here and we will never order from this place again, the food is not good enough for for us to accept being treated as this person treats you. Now I understand why their location is empty all the time.

I am not asking you for free food Pollo Rico, I am paying you for a service and you are not delivering..

Reviewed 7 January 2015

El Pollo Rico is definitely rico! (delicious) My husband and I live in Peru, so we know what authentic Peruvian chicken tastes like. El Pollo Rico reminds us of tastes from home, complete with Spanish speakers and Inca Kola! The chicken, fries, and beans, made an excellent lunch for us today! We got the order to-go, and it took less than 5 minutes to bag it all up. Peruvian chicken restaurants should take the place of fast food restaurants in the States!

Reviewed 21 September 2014

Once upon a time I lived in Arlington and was devoted to the El Pollo Rico there... But now I live in Germantown and I am thrilled that the El Polo Rico in nearby Gaithersburg is just as delicious as the original! And I think it's crazy that, at least when we go there, there is never a line?! Maybe people don't know que rico it is... This is good stuff! The chicken is always moist and cooked to perfection with the delicious smokiness of the real a-la-brasa cooking (not just doused in liquid smoke, which I have found other places - ick). We usually get beans and the big steak fries - also delicious. I have had the flan and the tres leches cake, and guess what?...Delicious. The service is always very good and friendly, whether we eat-in or carry-out.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

So first time I tried the food couple days ago . And it was excellent and the staff was customer friendly. Soon as you walk through the door great customer service. The food was delicious. The thing I could say negative is the rice wasn't cooked all the way but overall it was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

So may times I would be riding in the wheaton area and smelling the wonderful aroma. Then one day I followed my nose per say and found El Pollo Rico and I was hooked. Well now you can find this same aroma on Frederick Road, near just before Gaithers Square. I am a happy customer. Value is great, food is outstanding as always and this location has even more dining area. So glad there's a next chapter for this place.