“Good food here! Especially the chicken!”
Review of Pollos El Meson

Pollos El Meson
Ranked #154 of 358 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 19 March 2017

i like the food here!! mainly the hen. I commonly get the entire bird so we are able to have leftovers.. always nicely cooked and tasty! The group of workers is best and green! Plus it's close to home. My go to after I don't need to cook dinner dinner.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Our first visit to El Meson was delightful. I found a coupon in the Val-Pak and that's what brought us in. I would go back in a heartbeat without a coupon! We ordered tamales (appetizer), lomo saltado and pollo saltado for entrees. Delicious!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We really enjoy Peruvian food. Always watching out for a new experience. We heard about El Meson and figured we'd check it out. It's in one of those ubiquitous, dive strip shopping centers. Very unimpressive on the outside. We agreed to look inside and just walk out if we were turned off. Nope. Simple, bright and clean inside, and we were greeted warmly. I have dietary restrictions (vegan, but have added fish). When I noted that they had multiple ceviche options on the menu, I was pleased and optimistic. Wasn't disappointed. Got the "mixto" - and it was one of the best ceviches I have ever eaten (no kidding). Generous enough as a main dish that a "normal" person would have had plenty to take home. I, however, practically licked the plate clean. I think it was $14, and worth every penny (and then some). My wife had the pollo saltado, and said that it, too, rivaled versions she's had at fancier (more expensive) restaurants. We will definitely go back, and hope, hope, hope that it pleases us as much the second time. I really think it will.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

I don't like the way the heavy set thick accent Spanish lady treats African Americans. She was talking to another cashier about my friend and In Spanish. The food is very good ,but the racist treatment was just rude and ignorant. I have not been back to this place at all. I refuse to give my money to a place where cashiers are allowed to behave like this

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

El Meson has all the basics of a casual Peruvian restaurant. Quick service, simple clean and attractive decor, tasty, large portions, convenient free parking right in front , and Latino music playing. I had Pollo Saltado which had a nice little kick to it and my companion had enough fried rice and chicken to make at least two meals!