“Rock Solid and Decent Price ”
Review of Don Pollo

Don Pollo
Ranked #68 of 361 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Grabbed a Fiesta for 6 last night with the family. Ordered by phone, grabbed and went. Got the chicken in 1/8ths,which really makes sense with the massive amount of sides. Total with drinks and deserts was $75, so pretty decent deal.

The chicken is delightful, but not as good as La Limena in Rockville. This is a good, reliably good, small chain. Consistency is right there, but nothing really takes a risk with the flavors - all very middle of the road. The chaufa is decent, the rice and beans are decent, and the plantains are excellent.

Good, but if you're into Latin food, it's uneventful.

1  Thank Doc P

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Fortunately for me this place is close to my work- the Peruvian chicken is moist and so good. I am in love with with plantains and the green beans are great too. Everyone I have gone with has loved it! Check it out.

1  Thank Pampar
Reviewed 23 August 2016

It is one of the best chicken taste I ever tried with the great served sauce. fast to serve the food. waiters and waitresses are so helpful and professional. Wish if you have other branches in the Middle east.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

This is like Peri Peri or Nando's chicken (OK I know I did not quite get those names right; those other chain Peruvian chicken places) but a lot less expensive and the menus are simpler to follow and order from.

We stumbled across this place and were not sure what the atmosphere would be like but when we opened the door, it felt welcoming and the decor was modern and comfortable. (The bathrooms were very clean and modern, too.)

The girl who took our order was super nice and accommodating and explained everything as if she loved working there. She was one of those people I would hire for my own company if I could!

My husband and I split a half chicken (which you can get with all white meat if you want) which came with two sides. The plantains were good, sweet, gooey and moist. The salad was chopped plain romain with a lime/lemon tasting dressing. My son got a stir fried rice with chicken and vegetables in it. It seemed Asian in taste and presentation which is fine but the "vegetables" were frozen peas and carrots which made it a bit more "meh."

We would go back here for sure!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Great meal for a family that will not break the bank. Whole chicken w 2 or 4 sides will feed 4 easily.

1  Thank Paul710