“New menu”

Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Gambrills
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My neighbor and I dined here for lunch on a Tuesday. The place was pretty crowded for a Tuesday. There were 9 tables occupied and a large party of 22 women towards the back of the restaurant. We were seated immediately. Our server came over less than a minute later and we had bread and dipping oil on the table. She took our drink orders while we looked over the menu. The first thing I noticed was the new menu. They removed my favorite dish from the menu (isn't that always the case?) so I was disappointed with that. The majority of the lunch menu seemed to be salads and pasta BUT, but they offer flat bread pizza, sandwiches, burgers, and a huge variety of appetizers for lunch. I think even the pickiest of eaters could find something on the menu.

We sat for over 15 minutes waiting to order. Our server appeared and profusely apologized, and insinuated the large party was monopolizing her time. She also stated that it was only her and the bartender that were providing service to tables. We told her we weren't in a rush and understood. We put in our food order and.... we waited, a long time for our food to come out. We waited almost 40 minutes. While we waited for our food to arrive, my neighbor and I witnessed the large party calling our server over for every little thing. She'd take glasses for refills and ask if anyone else needed them. They'd say no, she'd return with refills and suddenly three more people needed refills. They did this several times. I heard one of the ladies bark to our server that her dish wasn't hot enough and to make it over again. When she returned with a plate, two more people had problems with their dishes. She had the large party, our table, and pretty much every other table in the restaurant. The hostess and bartender did help out when they could. She apologized every time she came to our table. I felt so bad for our server. Once the larger party left, she was much more attentive and relaxed.

My neighbor ordered the Traditional burger with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, with fries. I ordered the Greek Gyro (sliced beef and lamb) with lettuce, tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, and fries. My neighbor loved her burger. It was seasoned well and was cooked the way she liked. She loved the fries. I enjoyed my Gyro. There was a ton of meat on my sandwich. I didn't like the huge chunks of iceberg lettuce. I had to open up my gyro and pull some of it apart because that's all I'd get a mouthful of. The pita bread and tomatoes were fresh.

Overall, we would return because it's one of our favorite restaurants in the area. I'm still disappointed they got rid of my favorite dish, but there are a lot of new menu options for me to try.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I definitely recommend this restaurant. Portions are pretty big and the food was fresh! I had the carbonara pasta and it was AMAZING!!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Tomato bisque soup of the day was creamy with nice bits of tomato. Penne Sunrise had a delicious, thick sauce plenty of portobello mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Portions are large and satisfying. The fresh bread and herbed oil served as soon as we sat down was so tasty we asked for refills, which were delivered late in our meal, as the bread was still baking. The timing was a bit off in that regard, but the flavor of all the selections we were served far exceeded the cost of the meal. We will be back!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I purchased a lunch Groupon for my mother and I. We went in for lunch in late July. We were seated immediately and were the only people in the restaurant at the time. Our server Phil was attentive and friendly. We always had refills and were check in with frequently.

Immediately after we sat down, we received the complimentary bread and olive oil, which is always great.

We ordered the Spanakopita (traditional spinach, feta cheese, onion pie baked in a pastry dough) appetizer. It is delicious! The pastry dough was flaky and cooked perfectly. Two come to an order, so there's plenty enough to go around. It also comes with a small salad with greens, feta, red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and a dressing.

My mom ordered the Traditional burger (seasoned and grilled with cheese, lettuce, tomato) with fries. The burger was seasoned well and was cooked the way she wanted. The fries were hot and crispy. I ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich (chicken breast with ham and swiss cheese on fresh baked ciabatta) with a side caesar salad. There was a decent amount of chicken on the sandwich, and the bread was fresh and crunchy. The caesar salad is my favorite. Crunchy croutons, little cheese squares and delicious dressing with fresh greens. You can't go wrong!

I recommend purchasing the Groupon for this restaurant. I had no trouble redeeming. Just make sure to read the fine print. We will definitely return!

A TripAdvisor Member
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

No wait to be seated. No reservations were necessary. I thought it was a touch pricey, especially for lunch, but the food was high quality and plentiful so I took half home, so I definitely got my money's worth. Staff was attentive and friendly. Food took slightly longer than expected.