“Great Crab Cakes!”

Romano's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 285 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Romano's Restaurant is a casual family restaurant serving fresh seafood, mouthwatering steaks, irresistable pastas, garden fresh salads, homemade desserts and much more. We use only the finest and highest quality ingredients in all of our dishes. All of the staff at Romano's is dedicated to providing te finest cusine and serice ensuring each guest's experience is memorable!Romano's serves one of Maryland's best award winning crab cakes. We use only the finest jumbo lump crabmeat and perfect blend of spices to create this masterpiece. You will not be dissapointed.
Reviewed 19 May 2018

My family visit to Romanos was an enjoyable experience. The service was outstanding. I recommend the crab dip with bread slices as an appetizer and anything with a crabcake as the main entree. The food is scrumptious! The crab cakes are fresh and very tasty. You can get them in a variety of ways. The portions are large and we left with several takeout containers. The restaurant is deceivingly large and is able to handle large groups with ease. I would recommend reservations for parties of six or more. A very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

ordered stuffed oysters (5

ordered 5 stuffed oyster dinner, terrible
crab meat done on outside, RAW, on inside
French fries cold and greasy
not up to usual standard

ordered 5

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The pleasant hostess showed us immediately to a perfect corner booth table for our multi generation family of 6 including two small children. The dining room was clean with plenty of room on this Tuesday night but the decor and furniture appear fairly dated. You’ve seen this restaurant (type) before. They claim (with some award documentation) to have the best crab cakes and they also have an extensive menu from Italian to seafood to meats and steaks of all kinds. I often worry about a restaurant that is not too busy but has a multitude of menu items. Can they really deliver on all of them? We skipped appetizers in deference to the little ones and went straight to entrees. The broiled crab cakes were very good with jumbo lump crab and little filler but not among the best I have had in Maryland. However 2 good sized crab cakes with 2 sides for $29 is reasonable pricing. Cole slaw and French fries were average. Brussels sprouts were marginal. A special of the night was shrimp Parmesan. It is basically chicken parm with breaded and fried shrimp substituted for the breaded and fried chicken. It was okay but I wished the tomato sauce had been less sweet. The sauce and cheese kind of overpowered the taste of the fried shrimp. It was a huge portion with lots of pasta for about $20. Our server was great, especially with the kids who were only average behavior for 1.5 and 3.5 year olds. They enjoyed the chicken tenders of course! From the hostess to the server to the food delivery personnel this is an efficiently run operation. We topped the meal off with a wonderful strawberry shortcake for dessert. Would we come again? Maybe if we are in the area but I just dont think it is worth a special trip.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and l go to Romanos 3 or 4 times a year. The food is always delicious. I have never had anything that wasn't. Their crabcakes, steaks, Italian dishes, crab soup, mixed drinks. Everything is yummy.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Not sure if our waitress was new or just bad. We were with a family group and when she took our drink orders, the errors began. A simple request for a cold martini came out above room temperature. When I explained this to the waitress, she blamed it on the bartender and said she wouldn't make them cold. Excuse me? That's a new one on me. To keep things moving we were brought a glass of ice. When ordering our food, a couple of people ordered lasagna. I had considered ordering that but decided on a different meal. When the meals were delivered , I was brought lasagna. The waitres said that's what I ordered. Everyone sitting around me heard me order a different meal. The menu also says that two sides come with each meal. My wife's order had no sides. I finally got the meal I ordered (after the waitress told me for a second time that she heard me order lasagna) and the food was good. By that time everyone else was almost finished. Oh yes, since the martinis were small, we tried to get a second one and reminded the waitress to please make sure they were cold. You guessed it, they too were warm and again she blamed it on the bartender. On the plus side, my meal was more expensive and I was only charged the price of the lasagna. I wanted to write this review to emphasize how bad service can sure put a damper on an otherwise nice family gathering.

Been to Romano's Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!