“Great food in nice atmosphere ”

Snyder's Willow Grove
Ranked #49 of 282 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We took my mom here for her birthday and had a great meal together. Their seafood is spectacular. Try the rockfish stuffed with crabmeat and soft crab sand which and crab cakes.
It's a kinda fancy setting. Not cheap but good quality food.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This was the first time we've been since they reopened in the new location. Four of us went for dinner at 5pm. We did not have trouble parking. We were seated right away. We didn't think the tables were too close together. Our server was friendly and attentive. Everyone was happy with their dinner, which were several seafood dishes and a hamburger. The cream of crab soup was excellent. The server apparently thought it took too long for our main courses to be ready (she apologized for the delay), but frankly I needed the time between my soup & salad and my dinner. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to eat much of my dinner. Three of our party got dessert - chocolate pie, which everyone liked. The interior was nicely decorated for Christmas, too. We had a very nice time and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

This restaurant is a sleeper. It sits quietly in a strip mall on Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. You almost don' notice it there because it appears so subtle. When you go inside you are greated by an elegance that reminds me of a restaurant you would find in a black and white Turner Classic Movie. Not what I expected of a restaurant in a strip mall. I was experimenting by dropping in and at first I was concerned that this would be a very expensive adventure. It is very comfortable, and I was greeted by a very grandmotherly host, a lovely woman. The waitress was also very friendly.

The specialty of this restaurant is seafood, especially crab dishes. I went with one of the lunch specials. I got three courses, soup, and entree, and a desert for $16. Include the soda, sales tax, and tip and I spent $24. Quite reasonable given the atmosphere of the restaurant. I would have easily spent as much at Applebee's or Chili's and those restaurants were nearly as elegant as Synder's Willow Grove.

I had the Cream of Crab soup and it was delicious, followed by potato crusted cod, and beets with seasoned french fries. All good. The beets were crisp and sweet, loved them. The cod was great. To finish it off I got pumpkin pie, and it was beautifully presented but as far as pie go it was alright. I love pies but pumpkin is not high on my list. They offered a lemon merinque pie and I love lemon pies but really don't care for merinque so I gave it a pass. It might have been quite good but I don't do merinque. It was truly a delicious lunch.

This is a great place for a romantic dinner, but alas it was just me for lunch. Nevertheless, I enjoyed lunch.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I found the inside of the restaurant quite pleasant , but the crabcakes were just OK , I think Olive Grove and G & M have much better crabcakes and larger too , the stewed tomatoes were very good , the mashed potatoes were alright ....

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Came here on a whim on a weeknight. Everything was delicious, can't complain about anything! There's even a full bar.