“YUM really good ice cream”
Review of The Big Dipper

The Big Dipper
Ranked #6 of 10 Dessert in Hagerstown
Description: (301) 797-5422
Description: (301) 797-5422
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We found this place by accident. The staff was very nice and efficient. The ice cream was served in nice portions and everything was prepared as expected.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

They serve Hershey ice cream, lots of flavors. I got red raspberry with chocolate, very good. It not going to be the most amazing ever but it's also half the price of the big creamery stores.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

I haven't been here in awhile, but back when I lived in Hagerstown, my wife and I went every few weeks in the summer. I remember there being a huge selection of hand-dipped flavors and that I always got a waffle cone.

There is plenty of outdoor seating at picnic tables and it makes for a nice "go-to" ice-cream spot.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

If you like ice cream this is the place to get it in Hagerstown. My wife and I were just out in the area driving around and sort of looking for an ice cream place when we stumbled upon The Big Dipper. It has plenty of variety in ice cream. They also have the soft serve ice cream in which we both had. They have all kinds of different cones,milkshakes and floats. Really just about anything of that you can think of. The girls behind the counter were very nice and knew what they were doing too. It's in an old looking building but don't let that fool you and don't pass it up if you are in Hagerstown.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

The big dipper serves hershey ice, in addition to soft served. Serves many sundaes, milk shakes, italian ice flavors in addition to different types of cones I never seen before. Taste great, large variety of ice cream products for a good price. Must try ice cream place!