“What a find!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Afghani
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Arundel. The hotel offers a free shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles. We were looking for a good non-chain place to grab some lunch and found this on TripAdvisor. It was within the 5 mile radius. Boy are we glad we found this place. The food was really delicious! Our group of 4 had a few dishes. The Manto was really delicious. Soft dumplings filled with a flavorful meat mixture, topped with a great tomato/veggie sauce. We loved the chicken kebabs, which were served with some yummy rice, a nice salad, fresh pita bread, and some fantastic green sauce for dipping. Food is ordered at the counter and the folks working back there were very friendly and helpful. It is not fast food, but only took about 10 minutes for our food to be delivered to the table. Very glad we discovered this place. It was a truly delicious lunch!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

An unplanned food stop as everyone was getting hungry. A real pleasant surprise. Fabulous authentic flavors, and inexpensive as well. Chicken kabob in particular was just melt in your mouth.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This place just happened to be next to our hotel as we stayed at the Red Roof before a flight. (See that review too!) This place was so good even though I live in PA I would make a day trip here for a meal. I will def never miss a chance to dine here if passing through the area. We started with the Auschak. My mom had never had it and was not optimistic at the looks of it. Little did she know, this dish is excellent and Maiwand nailed it. I swear if I was less of a lady I would have licked that plate! I will have to do take out next time so I can! We had the lamb kabob and chicken (shoot I forget but it was the spicy option!) These meats were wonderful. The chicken was THE BOMB. Just so flavorful not just hot. The rice they serve is Quabli Palau. Rice with a small amount of carrots and raisins. Its actually a dish that is on my death row meal wish list. Theirs was very good. The naan was good. It was all just great! GO GO GO!!! If you have never had Afghan food don't be scared! Don't be intimidated. They have pictures to help you decide. I hope my review was helpful! If so please click "YES"!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

For a small place in a strip mall one might think this is not a great place but they are wrong!
Walked in and was lucky we found a place to sit down after ordering.
They took our order and told us it'll take 20 minutes...must be because they cook to order. My friend got the lamb and said it was great. I got the grilled salmon and it was so good I wasn't going to share.
I have to come back and try some other dishes....this place is NOT a best kept secret because it was just continously busy, but again, it's worth it!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch here after arriving today by plane and it was a welcome change from the basics. Spinach appetizer, beef kabobs, chicken tikka, lamb kabobs, rice, salads, freshly made flatbread. Everyone loved their food, definitely worth the wait, this is not fast food and thank goodness for THAT.