“This is one of opur favorite Outbacks”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #40 of 150 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We have always enjoyed our interaction with the waitstaff. my wife and I have never had a bad experience with the staff nor the meals. We usually go for dinner on Wednesday evenings. Parking sometimes may be a bit tough due to stores in the mall beiong open, but,not insurmountable.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I usually do not patronize the area due to the bad demographics. As we were heading somewhere else, my senior citizen mom saw it and wanted to stop so I obliged for her. We sat at a booth near the bar. Bartender provided us wine in a dirty glass. He seemed to only agree that the glass was dirty when a patron who was sitting at the bar cosigned that the glass was dirty. He then went to replace the wine but seemed to have an attitude. Our food order took a while to arrive although it was 2pm in the afternoon and the restaurant was far from crowded. Many of the employees sat in the booth in the back of the restaurant eating and joking around while the manager walked around looking like a deer caught in headlights. When my potatoe soup arrived, it was not white but yellow due to all the greasy butter and, when I stirred it, it only had a few chunks of potatoe in it. I ordered a 1/2 pound of crab legs and what was brought to me was a few broken pieces of crab. We flagged down the manager. The manager didn't apologize but tried to tell us that a 1/2 pound of crab is the equivalent of 3 pieces! Lol Are you kidding me? We are born and raised in Washington, DC and one thing we know being from the mid-atlantic region is how much a pound or half pound of crab legs are and the definitely are weighed by broken pieces. I would lol again if his statement wasn't so sad!! Outback, I know you aren't hiring managers who have no food/culinary experience...wow!!! I don't have any food or culinary professional experience but would not say something so ridiculous! I could tell debating him would only make me very pissed so I told him to take the pieces away because I would not accept that that was a 1/2 pound and was not going to pay for it. I figured maybe because the PG Plaza area is so bad that Outback couldn't get a decent manager to work there and hoped that at least they could get a decent chef so I told him that when we went back there to tell the chef that the potatoe soup was nothing but butter. The manager looked at me clueless and perplexed. As we waited for our check, a new bartender came on shift who was very professional, spoke well, and was personable. We gave him a great tip but everything was so bad there including the manager which was why the staff was so bad that we couldn't stay any longer to enjoy the new bartender. The area will never get better when there is no pride in the people who work there. I'm just glad that I was there with my senior citizen mom because I'm sure that if she was there alone that they would have provided her even worse service than they did.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

We're sorry that we let you down. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hyattsville". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 2 August 2016

If you have other choices I would go there. The server was pleasant but not well focused. First, asked for extra butter with our bread, brought out, no extra butter. Second, asked for extra butter for baked potato, no extra butter. Third, a filet ordered medium rare, arrived medium well. The replacement filet arrived after quite a wait, maybe rare, way cold in the center. This did not please my daughter. Felt the manager could of least offered a gratus dessert to my daughter for her long wait time, did not happen. One other little thing, while there is music being played in the restaurant, the server allowed the people in the booth behind us to play tunes from their phone which was a bit annoying.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

It was very cold inside and we asked the waitress about this. Later it got warmer which was great. The service was average and the food was okay. It was only okay because both our ribeyes were unevenly cooked. It was nothing to complain about and this is just an observation. The restaurant wasn't that busy for a Friday night so there wasn't a problem getting a seat.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

I use to come to Outback at least once a week BUT now I might go once every 4 months. Mark the bartender has NO customer service skills and treats regular like crap. Food is a hit or miss. Dion is a very socialable bartender Mark needs to take notes. Lots of management changes.