“Possibly worst service ever at franchised restaurant”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #41 of 150 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Family was in College Park, MD for childrens' swim meet at UMD. Arrived at Outback at 630p Saturday for dinner and party of 5 was seated at 7p. "Tricia W" was server; I remember her name as we asked twice for a round of drinks and five times for silverware for the table. Bread did come in timely fashion, as did the appetizer. Next time Tricia stopped by was a solid 30 minutes - not to address the stacked appetizer plates, refill the bread or refill empty glasses - but to acknowledge our "dinner would be out soon". 30 minutes later, same thing. Dinner arrived about 815p, with poor quality. Some serious lack of training across all staff (no eye contact, just no idea how a restaurant / server is to function). Marginally clean. Avoid at all costs.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hey Jason,

This is not the service you should have received. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hyattsville, MD". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey

Reviewed 23 October 2017

It''s a decent Outback but it's right in front of the PG Mall which makes parking a nightmare. There is so much traffic in and out of the area i will not return.
The restaurant is run well and the food is just the normal Outback menu which is fine. BUT the area isn't the greatest, that mall attracks trouble and always seems to be fights or worse in the area.
I won't return

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went for a late lunch on Labor Day and the food was ok, the service was not great, and the accuracy of the order was close. The grass fed hamburger was very good tasting but came out missing the aged cheddar cheese, by the time the waitress came back I had already ate half of the burger. I think making a hamburger that is supposed to come with cheese and leaf lettuce should not be too hard. The cheese was missing, the lettuce was shredded. The blooming onion was very greasy, I realize they are fried but maybe the need to let them drain for a few seconds before plating the food. Steaks were cooked correctly but over seasoned with pepper. I would avoid this one and look for another steak place if I were in the area again.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We have always enjoyed our interaction with the waitstaff. my wife and I have never had a bad experience with the staff nor the meals. We usually go for dinner on Wednesday evenings. Parking sometimes may be a bit tough due to stores in the mall beiong open, but,not insurmountable.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I usually do not patronize the area due to the bad demographics. As we were heading somewhere else, my senior citizen mom saw it and wanted to stop so I obliged for her. We sat at a booth near the bar. Bartender provided us wine in a dirty glass. He seemed to only agree that the glass was dirty when a patron who was sitting at the bar cosigned that the glass was dirty. He then went to replace the wine but seemed to have an attitude. Our food order took a while to arrive although it was 2pm in the afternoon and the restaurant was far from crowded. Many of the employees sat in the booth in the back of the restaurant eating and joking around while the manager walked around looking like a deer caught in headlights. When my potatoe soup arrived, it was not white but yellow due to all the greasy butter and, when I stirred it, it only had a few chunks of potatoe in it. I ordered a 1/2 pound of crab legs and what was brought to me was a few broken pieces of crab. We flagged down the manager. The manager didn't apologize but tried to tell us that a 1/2 pound of crab is the equivalent of 3 pieces! Lol Are you kidding me? We are born and raised in Washington, DC and one thing we know being from the mid-atlantic region is how much a pound or half pound of crab legs are and the definitely are weighed by broken pieces. I would lol again if his statement wasn't so sad!! Outback, I know you aren't hiring managers who have no food/culinary experience...wow!!! I don't have any food or culinary professional experience but would not say something so ridiculous! I could tell debating him would only make me very pissed so I told him to take the pieces away because I would not accept that that was a 1/2 pound and was not going to pay for it. I figured maybe because the PG Plaza area is so bad that Outback couldn't get a decent manager to work there and hoped that at least they could get a decent chef so I told him that when we went back there to tell the chef that the potatoe soup was nothing but butter. The manager looked at me clueless and perplexed. As we waited for our check, a new bartender came on shift who was very professional, spoke well, and was personable. We gave him a great tip but everything was so bad there including the manager which was why the staff was so bad that we couldn't stay any longer to enjoy the new bartender. The area will never get better when there is no pride in the people who work there. I'm just glad that I was there with my senior citizen mom because I'm sure that if she was there alone that they would have provided her even worse service than they did.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

We're sorry that we let you down. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hyattsville". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline