“If You're Looking for Smoked Food, Go Here”
Review of Klobys Smokehouse

Klobys Smokehouse
Ranked #8 of 209 Restaurants in Laurel
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Kloby's Smokehouse is family owned and operated. Kloby's Smokehouse is known for its great food and service in a casual dining atmosphere. Kloby's serves up the best smoked Pulled Pork (served Carolina-Style), Beef Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and all of your favorite "made from scratch" sides. We pride ourselves with taking all of the time needed to BBQ all of our fresh meats in an all-natural hard wood pit to give you the best smoked, finger licking BBQ flavors you crave. No matter what occasion you decide to celebrate, be sure to celebrate the day at Kloby's Smokehouse!
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We went there the first time and really enjoyed the experience. We were in a hurry and it was kind of busy but the waitress was happy to accommodate our tight schedule without limiting our menu choices in order to get out on time.

We ordered burgers. They were perfectly cooked except in reverse. My husband ordered a specialty burger medium. I ordered a regular burger medium rare. His was pink inside; mine: not so much. That error aside, they were nicely grilled.

The accompanying fries were excellent. Hand cut and I think double fried. Very crispy.

We enjoyed it so much we went back a week later. I ordered the smoked turkey platter with potato salad and cucumber-tomatoes-and-onion salad. The waiter brought 3 different sauces for me to try, Carolina, Original, and Chipotle. It was fun and necessary as the smoked turkey was a tad dry.

My husband ordered the cheesesteak and raved about it. The meat was tender. It had just the right amount of onions and cheese. And of course, it came with those tasty fries. My husband said the coleslaw as "Eh.".

The atmosphere is casual bar like. Comfortable. A bit whimsical. They have an ice cream and bread pudding store with separate access. We'll have to save room for that next time.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

My husband and I REALLY like Klobys. Great BBQ, fun service, and a relaxed atmosphere. Plus, given they are in Howard County and not Montgomery, they have an excellent beer selection. I typically go for the BBQ plate or sandwiches, but they they make good burgers too. The boneless chicken sandwich is really good. We tend to sit at the bar, if we can get a seat, and enjoy th company or whatever is on TV. They also have ice cream if you have room!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Had the French Dip Special on Thursday 11/16 at 11:45 AM. Terrible food, terrible service. Food arrived 35 minutes after ordering, the restaurant was only1/4 full; sandwich was soggy & lukewarm; not on French bread, rather a soft squishy roll reminiscent of Wonder White; congealed cheese; au jus tasted weird & was not warm. My friend had same meal - equally bad. Waitress asked "How was your meal", to which we both replied "not good", the response was "Oh" and the waitress walked away... No visit by manager, no attempt to make amends, not even an apology. Too many excellent restaurants in the area with quick lunch service and hot tasty food. We will not be back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Food and atmosphere was outstanding. Sports Bar and Smokehouse equals Two winning combinations. Service was exceptional. Can’t wait to visit again!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Every time I eat there I am always happy with everything. THey have a well stocked bar for the whiskey freak.