“Outdoor Seating”

Ranked #18 of 208 Restaurants in Laurel
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Palapa Too Mexican Restaurant is open in Laurel, Maryland. The same great authentic Mexican food and friendly service you have come to expect from the Historic Ellicott City location. ​ La Palapa Too is your fun, festive, casual neighborhood Mexican restaurant. Always been known for a relaxed dining experience, with warm gracious service where every guest is made to feel welcome and at home. ​ Every day we work to provide an outstanding and unique experience for our guests. Our fresh and creative food, knowledgeable and gracious service, and our beautiful atmosphere combine to provide special occasion experiences within a casual dining budget. You will find all your favorite Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas and burritos as well as some fantastic specialty items. ​ La Palapa Too Mexican Restaurant... Mi Casa es su Casa! The Flavor of Mexico in Laurel.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We love the original La Papalapa in Old Town Ellicott City and wanted to try this alternative on a Saturday night and were pleasantly pleased to find ample parking and no wait given that we didn't have a reservation. They have a small outdoor seating area screened with plants from the parking lot. It was very nice to eat outdoors after a long cold/wet winter on this warm Saturday night. My Beef Burrito with rice and refried beans was very good and my wife enjoyed her beef and chicken tacos. Of course we sipped frozen drinks too! A very nice way to unwind on a Saturday night and enjoy the coming of spring/summer (hopefully)! Our server was very attentive. We'll be back.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I wanted to compare the two Mexican restaurants in the area. Cinco de Mayo was the other. I preferred La Palapa Too over the other place.

The chips were good and the salsa was tasty. My meal had some kind of sauce on it that was really great. I’m vegetarian and there were plenty of options. I got a bean and cheese enchilada and a cheese one. Everything was very good and they assured me it was all vegetarian.

Service was friendly and I was seated right away at lunchtime on a weekday.

I can see why my cousin from VA speaks so highly of this place. It was a good experience.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Patron came in to do a Tequila learning experience pairing with an appetizer, salad, main meal and even an espresso tequila with dessert. The staff was very accommodating and the meal was fabulous. It was our first time but we will be going back for another meal.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Decent food, good atmosphere, especially the outdoor dining in the warmer months, and attentive service. All at good prices. What’s not to like?!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I stopped in on New Year's Eve for lunch. Diets are around the corner so we wanted one last decadent meal before abstention began. I ordered chicken enchiladas and my husband ordered a crab and shrimp chimichanga. We also ordered a serving of guacamole, which was delicious, and the chips were delightfully paper thin.

The chicken enchiladas were, well, boring. The flavor was flat and the chicken was cut inconsistently: some chunk, some shredded. The Spanish rice was tasteless with a few lone peas tossed in.

The seafood chimichanga was filled with peppers and onions. The shrimp pieces were so small they were unidentifiable and he had to hunt down the crab. Mostly it was missing.

The service started out very good as the restaurant was empty. Although the first delivered order was two enchiladas. No chimichanga. Not sure that is the fault of the waiter, though. Once we received our check the waiter checked out for personal conversation with other bored staff. We had to flag him down.

Our table was near the kitchen and the kitchen isn't quite closed off so it was like dining with the cooks because of the noise.

We like the original La Palapa in Historic Ellicott City. We may go back there. Too is just not maintaining the standard.