Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
Hotels.com
US$119
US$90
US$118
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$89
SleepInn
US$135
US$97
Groupon.com
US$42
Priceline
All reviewsstayed herethe gapanother guestking suitefront desk staffwould highly recommend this hotelthree nightswould stay here againcoffee makernice staywalking distancehiecumberlandpropertybeddingtowelsrefrigerator
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This HIE not only lives up to everything you expect from the brand, it surpasses. Friendly, helpful staff. Pool and spa sparkling clean and stocked with towels. A nice extra is the excellent family-owned restaurant right next door, D’Atri’s. We would book the HIE LaVale-Cumberland again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Really liked this hotel. It is a pleasant and clean hotel with the staff being exceptionally nice and helpful. The Front Desk personnel were all very very nice and helpful. The room we had was spacious and clean. The only thing we didn't like was the placement of the door in the bathroom. We had to fight it every time we wanted to take a shower but on the whole it is a personal taste thing...lol. Just felt a little tight in the bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I gave the place a try because it was just a bit closer to family. The room was nice as expected - the place is relatively new! I was a bit surprised to find dust on some of the lamp fixtures. Beyond that, the rooms was very clean. I was treated well by the staff but didn't experience the same sense of "welcome" from the other location I usually patronize on my trips to LaVale. My biggest concern is the breakfast. As I was on "vacation" I slept in. I got to breakfast around 8AM or so. Some of the hot food was "not so hot." The two days I ate the food were...? Not sure how to put it. Let's say it digested very quickly. One day? Maybe something I ate somewhere else. Two days?? Could still be. Next day: no hotel breakfast (actually had Sheetz!), no problem. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure the food is not kept at the proper holding temperature. So stay for the comfort, don't "enjoy" the hot foods for breakfast. There are plenty of cold options that probably won't "revisit" you so soon. ;-)

Room Tip: I had a first floor room on facing the road with no problems.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi John P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are pleased with your kind regards toward the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members including our location serving its purpose for your travel needs, I am truly sorry for the quality of food served during your stay, which has fallen below your expectations. Rest assured, we take our guest's comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Wife and I stayed for 3 nights. New very nice, just off I-68. View out windows is of parking lots, businesses or houses. But we don't stay in hotels for the view (unless we stay at the beach)we stay at locations that offer easy proximity to area attractions and restaurants.
This location is within minutes of historic Cumberland and Frostburg MD., Western MD Scenic Railway, Rocky Gap Casino a wide variety of restaurants and County Club Mall.
Also has nice pool and hot tub. Doesn't seem to be used much it was only us all three nights.
Breakfast was standard. Young lady that was there was very nice and kept everything well stocked.
Lobby, hallways, elevator were always well maintained.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I most recently stayed here Friday Oct. 6 - Saturday Oct. 7. Room was as expected; bathroom is nice. But, at 4:30 a.m. garbage collection started for the hotel dumpster on the property It took THIRTY MINUTES from 4:30 to 5:00 a.m. for the apparently garbage-man-in-training to successfully connect and empty the dumpster into the truck, all the while making an extraordinary amount of noise--like someone was tearing down a steel structure. It was ridiculous. We complained and were told that the hotel has complained to the garbage company but nothing changes. This apparently happens twice a week. We were in town for the Great Allegany Run and needed a good night's sleep for the early run the next day. That did not happen. Manager took $20 off of our bill. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Avoid the area of Room 304 -- too close to dumpster-- VERY NOISEY
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi mbalexander,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express and leaving feedback.

I appreciate your positive comments about the room, especially the clean bathroom. We'd like to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. I am sorry to hear that you felt disturbance from the garbage collectors. I have shared your review with our hotel's management so that soundproofing can be improved. We want your stays to be as comfortable as possible.

I am hoping that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to La Vale.

Kind Regards,