Lowest prices for your stay
US$76
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
US$76
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$68
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Hotels.comUS$76
PricelineUS$76
TravelocityUS$76
All reviews free breakfast yogurt room was clean indoor pool coastal highway the breakfast area hard boiled eggs late check oc microwave trash
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

When we walked into the hotel I noticed that none of the people working there had a mask on. Yes there was plexiglass but they still needed to have there masks on and throughout our stay they didn’t really have masks on either. When I first arrived the room looked nice. But as soon as I walked into the bathroom I saw several things that were wrong. First when I checked the shower I saw pieces of straight blond hair (mind you our hair is kinky and dark brown). I also saw speckles of black dirt and sand just sitting on the bottom of the tub. Then when I look over to the toilet I see more blond hair. So I keep looking because at this point I am highly concerned about the health and safety of me and my family, and I notice that there is a half used single role of toilet paper and no other toilet paper in sight. I go to wipe down the sink and notice that as I’m wiping brown dirt is coding my wipe ( which shows me that the sink isn’t clean). Then I walk out into the seating area and there is a ton of sand on the couch. Fast forward to us going to bed, they said that our room has 2 queen size beds but ended up being 2 fulls and a few of us were hanging off the side of the bed. Further more as we’re laying in bed I realize that only one of the light bulbs is working in the lamp beside our beds. So the next morning they’re serving breakfast but because of COVID they had people putting breakfast items in a bag for you to take and go. One of the items was yogurt and the yogurt was warm. I also got very sick from something that was included in the breakfast and ended up throwing up. On a side note when I first arrived there were police outside but I wasn’t really concerned about it because they were leaving and there didn’t seem to be anything wrong. But the next night the fire alarm goes off( I found this out from other family member because I was not at the hotel at that time), and they had to evacuate. I do find it kind of strange that 2 incidents happen within 2 days. I would say the only good thing about the hotel was the location because it was close to the beach. So needless to say our stay was nothing to write home about. We will not be coming back.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Anonymous1760
Marie Hopper, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City - Northside, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2020

Thank you Anonymous1760 for your recent review. I'm sorry we fell short, as we will continue to coached our team and allow us to be able to make continuous changes and improvements in order to provide our guest with the best service. We hope you give us a chance, to make it right and provide you with only the best service.

Reviewed 6 September 2020

Keisha & Jamie were fantastic, they did a wonderful job holding down the fort!!! From the moment i called to make a reservation they were extremely helpful. The room was great and very clean. Would definitely revisit again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Marie Hopper, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City - Northside, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

724alyceb, Thank you for the positive review and for taking the time to recognize our hospitality. We look forward seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City Md!

Reviewed 30 July 2020

First, I have to say that the staff was awesome. The woman working in the afternoon was great about accommodating our early check-in request. Everyone we encountered was polite. The covid breakfast bags are convenient and the ladies working breakfast were super nice. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and convenient to a few restaurants. My only complaint was that the pool (very nice) didn't have lounge chairs out. I would stay again without hesitation.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMHarding
Marie Hopper, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City - Northside, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Thank you CMHarding for your review. Your feedback allows us to be able to make continuous changes and improvements in order to provide our guest with the best service. I will pass your kind words onto our staff. Thanks again for the 4 out of 5 rating. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City Md!

Reviewed 28 July 2020

I booked this hotel based on lots of positive reviews. Although I didn't hate the place, let's just say, I won't stay there again. Ever. Here are pros/cons: Good location near a park/easy walk to beach. Decently clean in the lobby BUT (I will get to the "butt" in the cons section) and had a nice outdoor pool, well maintained, good size and pleasant water temp. I hate when hotel pools are freezing! But the indoor pool was totally closed. Cons: So I noted people mention in their reviews that it's a quiet hotel? NOT my experience. There was a large group on our floor (3rd floor) shouting at each other in the hallways late at night, literally yelling down the halls at 12 midnight and slamming doors over and over. The walls are thin, you will hear EVERY thing next door or in the hall. This went on all weekend, every night these people are slamming doors and yelling in the hallway (maybe they were teens? not sure). The hotel did NOTHING. I called to complain, they said they would send someone in security up. I don't know if they even did send someone, but it had no effect, it never stopped, and I called again but they never answered. Same thing the next night. So, moral of the story, the hotel won't try to remedy rude, shouting guests, they'll just let that stuff go on and on. So irritating late at night. Also, I know about COVID, but they were out cleaning rooms in the hall all day, I presume people who had checked out? So they are in these rooms cleaning, but they refuse to clean your room while you are out. They do the barest of minimum, like dumping sheets on the bed for you to change yourself, you need to ask for everything including: more toilet paper, tissues, trash bags because YOU take out the trash, new sheets and towels, more coffee supplies and cups. Ugh. I don't see how this helps COVID if they are still cleaning rooms all day, in the hallways right across from your room. We stayed several nights and we needed it vacuumed but nope. They lock up the pool except from 10-6. So you have people lined up, clustered in a small hallway to try and get the pool area's limited chairs. How is this helping COVID to not spread? How does closing at 6pm help? They were not out cleaning the pool at 6, I can tell you that. I watched from my window, they never cleaned it. Stay somewhere else, seriously. We visited friends at a big hotel further down the beach and none of this crap, the other hotel had a pool open normal hours, they serviced the rooms (if you asked). This Holiday Inn is using COVID to cut corners and be lazy. They don't enforce masking and it's not a super clean hotel to start with (room carpet was ugh), and the amenities are MINIMAL. Or non-existent. The staff were okay, not overly friendly but decent. Not good enough to draw me back. I suggest you stay somewhere else, at least until COVID ends.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank vivace21
Marie Hopper, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City - Northside, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know the areas we need to improve upon. I apologize that you had some problems during your stay. Just to let you know our security team did go up to handle the loud guest, after so many attempts we had to call OCPD to get them under control. We do take pride in making sure our guest are safe and try making everyone feel at home when they stay with us. During this time dealing with Covid we have guidelines we have to follow, so yes things are a tad bit different and changes occur almost daily. Once again we want to apologize for the inconvenience you experience on our short comings and hopefully you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 19 July 2020

We picked this hotel based on its proximity to park that was right behind it, which was the location of our event. Front Desk employees were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Hotel was clean. Room was clean. Housekeeping staff was great. The room we were in had a broken air conditioner. When we contacted the front desk, they were great about it. They switched our room immediately. We saw the next day they were wheeling the broken AC out of our old room. It was nice seeing them fix it so quickly for their next guest. 1 block from beach. Very nice stay. Will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2020