Let me start by saying that we stayed in one of the cottages. I realize that it's off season, but yikes. We NEVER had anything done from housekeeping, and stayed 3 nights. No sweeping. No beds made. The kitchen washcloth and dish towel were not changed. The trash was never emptied. Outside, the cans weren't emptied either. I told one of the guys (blonde hair, big earring holes) when I called for towels that the one guest in our building is a fisherman and threw dead uncooked crabs. He didn't empty the can. It stunk and there were flies everywhere.
The bathroom leaves alot to be desired. It was extremely small. Last night, while using the bathroom, my husband felt a few drops of water from the room above drop on his head. Right before that, the toilet on the 2nd floor flushed. Nice, right? . The shower has no water pressure and no matter how long the water warms up, it's not warm. At all. The toilet seat has cracks on it. So do the walls in there. There is no fan in the bathroom. No vanity sink to put anything on. That was ridiculous. The faucet in the shower looks and feels like it's going to fall off. There wasn't a drain stopper of any sort in the tub.
The first day, someone brought new towels for us, and left them laying on the kitchen table, instead of hanging them. No beds, nothing else was done. Yesterday, absolutely nothing. I called on the crackling room phone and was put on hold because the girl answering the phone was answering multiple lines. Really? When the kid with big ear rings came, he brought me a massive pile of warm towels, none of which were folded. I asked about housekeeping. He said they did the room upstairs. Okay? Do they randomly selected what to clean?
The pool area was beautiful as well as the landscape lighting. I will give them that. However, the pool isn't heated, clearly.
The private beach is nice, although noone told us how you get private drink service there, so I can't comment on it. The WiFi was spotty in cottages.
When I was little, I always wanted to stay here. I can say that I've done it, and can take it off the list. I will never be back to this establishment. It left way too much to be desired, still at $150/night in the off season!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md