US$369
US$209
AscendHotels
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$159
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$249
US$409
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$180
Francis Scott Key Family Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$230
US$661
US$606
Hilton.com
All reviewsdiving boardwaverly castlecoconuts bar and grillthe cottagesbeach servicebreakfast buffetbeach barocean frontgreat happy hourlive entertainmenthuge poolfirst floorceiling fanfull kitchenconvention centeroff seasoncoffee maker
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The good about this place is the location, price, views, staff and their outside bar. It is located on 37th street and the beach area is very nice. There were lots of waves in Sept so swimming in the ocean is difficult but good for surfing. The pool was cold so it doesn't appear to be heated but is huge. We had hot weather while we were there but the pool was still cold. We had an oceanfront room in the Waverley Castle with a balcony. You can view beautiful sunrises. These rooms seriously need to be updated and housekeeping is not great. Bathroom wasn't clean all while we were there and sand on the floor was not swept up. It also didn't appear that they vacuumed daily. When I am paying over $200 a night for a few of the nights I expect better housekeeping. The patio furniture on the balconies are terrible to sit in for any length of time. I'm used to staying in the Hiltons and Marriotts so I am used to newer updated rooms. These are completely different. When I first arrived there was a horrible smell in my room to the point where it was making me sick. They did send up a manager with some deodorizer that we used and after a few sprays of that it got better. Seemed like it was an odor from something that was cooked in one of the rooms. The whole floor smelled. We didn't have any problems with parking as others had said and it was pretty crowded. It was nice to have the bar there with live music daily. If the place gets updated and cleaner then I would probably stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
castleadmin, Manager at Castle in the Sand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your fair review. We renovate our rooms each year and are constantly improving our property. Please call us directly for your next vacation with us so that we can be sure your next vacation with us is exactly the way you want!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

No WIFI. No Ocean-front view. (there was a partial view of ocean from balcony that over-looked the parking lot). The staff wore wrinkled clothes, unshaven and looked a bit scary. The pics were deceiving. The room had a smell to it and maid service did not come unless requested. Not a place I will go back to.

Room Tip: We rented a condo. The hotel may be a better choice.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

You are correct that our condos are not on our Wi-Fi system and are ocean-view due to the northern exposure their balconies enjoy, but not oceanfront like our eastern facing balconies in our hotel buildings. Maid service is daily unless do not disturb is displayed so as not to bother guests who want privacy. Make sure you book directly so that our rooms can be accurately described, we always represent our rooms accurately with updated pictures and spot-on descriptions!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Staff was wonderful, room clean (see below), bed comfy, oceanfront view lovely.

I don't understand any negative reviews, but then, some people are never happy. It's not The Ritz, but neither is the price. We don't spend much time in the room, so we'd rather spend our money on 'fun' and not overpay for a room in which we don't spend much time. That is not to say there were any problems. Well-kept, nicely decorated room w/full kitchen - which saves time & money on breakfast & lunch - and newly redone bath.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Castle South rooms have a bar courtyard below, so if you want to go to bed at 8, I'd not choose there. We loved our room, however!
2  Thank Kelly P

Thank you for a very fair review! I would put our hotel next to any around for cleanliness and friendliness, and certainly no one can beat our property in fun! Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This was our first time at Ocean City and last time especially with the experience here I would not even consider going back if they gave me a free trip I would not go back. Our first day we checked in the guy at the front desk was fine (this was also motor cycle weekend) so the first thing we did after we checked in I looked and there was black dirt on the corner wall and cob webs okay I ignored that so then we left the hotel and went to dinner came back to the hotel and went into the locked parking lot (you need a electronic pass they give you) we drove around for 30 mins could not find a parking space I went to the office and told them and this lady said well it's happy hour are you kidding me we paid 258 dollars a night for a dirty room and no parking space so we decided to look again and someone left so we got a spot but here is the thing it's biker weekend so the bikers not only had there bikes parked in spots they had the trailers and the vehicles parked in spots so they were actually taking up 3 spaces and that's why I know we could not find a spot! Then the bar there was filled with drunk bikers would never go into a place like that and if I had little kids I would never take them to this hotel. We left a day early I had to waste my money and did not even stay they won't give a refund for leaving early they could have a least refunded me half the money I could not sleep another night at that dirty and terrible parking and rowdy place. Just being honest from my experience I don't know how people have good reviews about this place I really don't.

2  Thank karen r

We pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel that is fun for the whole family! Our kids activities, our huge pool, our ability to serve food and drinks on the beach and our award winning happy hour are testament to this! Ocean City does great events in the off season where you will see bikers one weekend, classic car owners another, and wine enthusiasts in-between! Please do not hesitate to call our hotel directly so that our knowledgeable staff can help you avoid a bike show weekend, or time your stay up with another event to get the exact vacation you want!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to get a room to celebrate our anniversary and we saw that Castle in the Sand was decently priced and decided to check it out. We were pleasantly surprised on just how nice this place is! Our room had two queen beds, with a little table, coffee maker, tv, pretty much everything you could want in a room, and the view!! The view is incredible, we got an oceanfront room and I could stare out the window all day. The staff was nice with greeting us when we arrived and even gave us a noon checkout so we could enjoy the room a little more. Coconuts is on site so it was awesome to be able to get drinks and bring them back up to our room. They also have a restaurant downstairs. We had the breakfast buffet and it was definitely worth it! We've stayed at a few hotels in OC, but this one is by far the best one and I highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our property to celebrate your anniversary! We appreciate your great review and will be excited to have you again! See you next time!