Alamo Motel
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$180
US$162
US$391
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$125
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$82
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$160
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$219
The Commander Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$161
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$143
Francis Scott Key Family Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$119
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2008

I stayed at the Alamo back in 2005. Back then, I didn't know about TripAdvisor. I wish I did. I traveled with my sister and nephew. We just wanted a clean, quite place to stay for a couple of nights while at the beach. My sister was so afraid, she did not want to even lay on the bed. Our room did smell. The front office did smell like stale cigerattes...... I'm a smoker, and it was disgusting to me. They came in our room while we were not there on several ocassions. I would leave the TV on as a test to see if someone was coming in. Sure enough, at least three times, when I got back in the room, the TV was off and a couple of items moved. Not sure who it was. Good thing we took all of our valubes with us when we left for the beach. Seems like things have not changes since 2005. I'm planning another trip to the OC. I will never forget the Alamo. It was the worst place I've ever stayed at . Just thought you would want to hear an honest opinion.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family
5  Thank Victoryone
Reviewed 1 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Alamo one October weekend in the off season. It was great! The price was right and it was within a short driving distance of the beach at Assateague where i went to surf and convenient to Ocean City downtown. Not only that, it was right next door to a place to get coffee and buns in the morning and walking distance to a couple of good restaurants and the Food Lion supermarket on rte 611. the room was only 25 dollars per night. It was a real old fashioned down the ocean, hon, experience and a great place to crash after a tasty surf session with your wave gal. kudos to the Alamo for being a real homegrown authentic ocean getaway and not some neutered chain motel. The Kitschy southwestern motif lent an air of festivity to the place which is an obvious hold-over from a simpler time at a much beloved resort town. Places like the Alamo are dwindling in number and being overrun by so-called "progress". Enjoy it while you can. Remember the Alamo!

• Stayed: October 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank KingKtheSenore
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We went down for the first annual bike week. When we went into the rooms, it was horrible. We ran out to the CVS and bought roach bombs. Hours after letting them off, we returned to find a spider the size of Texas crawling across the bed. He must have thought it was a sprinkler. A guy from 2 rooms down came over and gave us our other key to the room that the people before us had given to him. We decided to get drunk so we could just pass out in the rooms so I went to the bar to get some cups and ice. "Lefty" (the one arm owner) had the nerve to ask me if I was going to spend any money. Well that didn't go ever too well. He practically pushed me out the door. We did not shower for 2 days, brushed our teeth with bottle water OUTSIDE and we had to park our bikes away from the room because of their "Bullroast" that brought in some real shady people. DO NOT STAY THERE!! The place should be torn down even though it's already falling apart. Bad name for OC.

Stayed: June 2003
7  Thank dogMaryland
Reviewed 3 September 2007

Oh My God, sleep in your car, I would have, but we were on bikes! We sat out on the bench all night, and my poor boyfriend doesn't drink, but I had to drink my fair share. It was so disgusting, someone else's stuff was still in the room. They told us someone was a regular there. I'll tell you, we brushed our teeth outside with bottled water. DON'T GO HERE! We asked them to clean the bathroom... they brought a rag and that was it. Needless to say, it was still filthy. I would not touch it, I did not shower all weekend because it was too dirty. I reported them, but they are still open. Don't turn on the water, it stinks enough to make you sick. I can't express how disgusting this place is, but I can't believe the OC authorities allow them to be open. Oh, and I wouldn't eat or drink there either. BEWARE.... Linda

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Linda301
Reviewed 26 August 2007

The Alamo is the worst motel on this side of god's green earth. We spent $225.00 for two nights of pure unsanitary conditions rating from a toilet that did not work, no hot water, no television, and the list could go on... not to mention the seedy characters that were walking around late at night. I really thought that I was in the middle of a Hitchcock film and I was just waiting for the ax to drop. If you value life, liberty and the pursuit of happines, stay away from the Alamo.. this place is creepy, and in my opinion not safe.

Stayed: August 2007