“Tremendous View - and Food Aint Bad Either”
Review of Fager's Island

Fager's Island
Ranked #46 of 473 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Realize this review is on the outside deck, and not the formal dining room. We went mainly for the fantastic view of sunset from the dining dock. The view is spectacular. The spicy chicken tenders were done nicely, and honestly, enough for two people. The French Onion soup was tasty itself, but it should have been left in the broiler a bit longer. Drink selection was very nice, and service outstanding. You wont be overwhelmed by the grub, but wont be disappointed either. But the view..heavenly !

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We weren't sure about coming because I recently had a hip replacement. The first thing that our host asked was if we wanted to sit upstairs or down. This was good. Our waitress couldn't have been any better. She described the food accurately, always appeared at the right time and took such personal care of us. Our dinners were excellent, hot, and delicious. We started with salads, that had original house dressings. I had The Chilean Sea Bass, which was seasoned lightly and seemed to melt in my mouth with so much flavor. Our other meal was Swordfish Italiano with Cheesy Polenta and spinach. That was some of the best swordfish we have tasted. We live in a working the water town and are critical of any seafood. We enjoyed our meals and fine service so much we had to comment.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We love to go to Fager's when we are in Ocean City. The outdoor seating allows for the best views of the bay and incredible sunsets. The food is good with ample servings and the staff is young and fun. There are actually three places in the restaurant you can enjoy. Fine dining is upstairs, casual dining is downstairs in the palm room or at the bar and more casual dining in the outdoor seating. As a result, the weather does not affect the evening.
This time, I had a hamburger and my husband had a steak. He was very disappointed with the size of the filet considering the cost and the entire plate was just adequate. My hamburger was good, but gigantic. I could only have 1/2 of it and it's size actually took away from it! We noticed that many people around us just ordered two appetizers a piece and seemed to be very happy with them. We will do that the next time we go.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We had never been here before and were very pleased. In fact, I would give my swordfish Italiano "five circles" while the rest of our party all gave solid "four circles" to the soft shell crab, fried oysters, and salad.

Our server was very good, friendly and professional.

The view from the dining room gave us a beautiful sunset view.

We would dine again - although it is definitely on the pricey side. ($31 for a piece of fish?!)

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed at the adjacent Lighthouse Hotel and had dinner the first evening at Fager's. The restaurant was nearly empty and we were disapointed not to be able to sit in the upstairs formal dining area, we had no idea that it's closed in the off-season. Regardless, the food was delicious, my partner was a little surprised at the cost, a $49 steak, but it was extraordinary and could be cut with a butter knife. I had the local rockfish and it was also delicious.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Fager's Island? Share your experiences!