“Get a beer only ”

Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are family friendly causal dining. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Great Crabcakes, burgers and Famous Blue Plate specials. Seating available inside or outside. Full bar with drink specials all the time. Home of the Looney Bin Comedy Club. Large parties welcome.
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Bar during happy hour ok , food is below most standards ! When u return something you get stared at , so you better not eat it . Service great , food .... No way !!!

Reviewed 2 October 2015

I ordered pecan crusted fish. It was juicy, but cold. I think it was cooked, but it was not even warm. The rice was dyed yellow with something, but it had no taste. My wife had the crab cake and felt that it had excessive fillers. It was really more of a well worn dive bar and we were not there to drink. The speakers were excessively loud. It was 8pm and after a day of driving we were too tired to go elsewhere. The only thing to their credit is when I told the server about the cold food he only charged half price for my plate.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

We went for breakfast and it was by far the worst place we have been. None of the order was correct, service was terrible, there were only a couple of occupied tables so it wasn't like they were busy, (that should have been our first clue) and we never did get what we ordered. Another person left saying they would never return and for us to check our bill and check our change. I am not a hard person to please and even if we have bad service we usually still leave a 20% tip. We had a bill of 20.99 and left 21.00. It was that bad.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

All I am going to say is that this place has the most amazing burgers on the planet! So much that I drive the 3 hours to get one no joke! Service is friendly and prompt.
A must do!

Reviewed 22 September 2015

My first experience with the Blue Ox was when it first opened, I believe in 2008. When this place first opened it was a higher end steakhouse focused mainly on serving the best quality meats. They quickly realized that in this niche market, you need to appeal to a wider variety of customers in order to be successfull. That said, they ceased being a pure steakhouse and turned into a "bar and grill". It was actually a smart move on their part in order to capture more of the customers that frequent this town in the summer. I hadn't been back to the "Bar and Grill" since 2008 until this passed weekend with my family. We have a house that is close to there and figured why not give it another try. I have to say, Blue Ox left a lot to be desired. The main dining room wasn't open for breakfast it was only the bar and the patio. The bar is in a dramatic need of an update and a through cleaning. There were flies everywhere. That doesn't mean there is a problem with bugs, that means that the place is dirty. Not to mention, when we sat down we saw a guy come into the bar and go INTO THE KITCHEN AREA with his dog. I couldn't believe it. That should just never happen even if you're the owner. Not sure if he was or not but it was just unacceptable to me. A dog in the bar is unacceptable to me but to go in the back??? wow. Maybe I'm weird but I was taken aback by that. The service was totally fine and the food was mediocre at best. I really did want to like this place but I just couldn't. It feels and looks tired and dingy even though it is still relatively new compared to many of the staples in Ocean City, MD. They are trying to be all things to all men and they seem like they are doing nothing really well. I haven't had dinner here since 2008 (my dinner in 2008 was awesome btw but they were a brand new spot and a much different restaurant). I wouldn't come back to Blue Ox for breakfast and I probably wouldn't come back to just the bar because it felt so old and tired. This place has so much potential but they are squandering that potential by not re-investing their physical space and the quality of the food and experience. Seasonal customers are certainly important to this spot, but couple them with repeat customers and you have a winner. I bet they get no repeat business. Maybe in the bar only and locals only. I wish them the best in the future but I will not be returning.

1  Thank Anthony A