DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$67
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$130
US$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$139
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$104
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$62
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$211
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$170
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$58
All reviewsmini marketpowder roomminor thingscovered parkingoff street parkingice makerliquor storepots pansstayed longerpleasant stayworking orderlarge balconyshort walkgreat ratei highly recommend this hoteleasy accessrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2017

For the past 5 years or so every year when we stay here something is broken. Be it the sliding screen door, the air conditioning, the sink, or something else. The bathroom is cleaned but is never really clean and the growth between the fridge and kitchen counter area is always so disgusting. Please clean between the kitchen counter and the fridge!!! Do the bathroom corners and get the floor between the shower and sink. Gross!!! We do stay at this hotel because we love the covered parking, the location, and overall as I said they room is moderately clean. It used to be a lot cleaner when the Bainum's owned it and hired Canadian girls to clean the rooms every year.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and your toilet, sink, and shower won't back up!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017

So, here's the deal - I don't go to the beach for the hotel. I mean, really, who does? That being said, I am kind of funny about where I stay - I don't want to come home with any weird infections or bed bugs. I saw so many negative reviews for this property once I booked it that I almost cancelled. But, overall, it got over a 7 on Priceline, so I took the chance and kept our reservation. We stayed here 8/16 - 8/18, and had an overall pleasant stay. Here's my take on our experience - the good and the bad.

Location:
The location of this hotel is great! A little above the boardwalk, so quieter and a little more family friendly (as opposed to the typical OCMD party crowd). Also, we got a beachfront room, so that was really nice.

Staff:
I've seen so many reviews stating that staff was rude. I never got that impression. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Facilities:
The lobby was inviting, with an indoor pool right off of it. There was a little coffee shop that served Seattle's Best Coffee (at a cost, but not too outlandish). Overall, the entire hotel was in need of some TLC (which, I understand it's getting a complete remodel and rebranding over the winter). Things were old, some cracked or ripped or stained, but not dirty. The 6th floor hallway had a really bad odor (we started referring to it as the "hot garbage hallway" haha!), but the smell didn't creep into the room at all, so whatever.
There were three pools (two outdoor and one indoor), and we only used the rooftop pool on the 4th floor (just didn't get around to the others). It was clean and quiet and very nice.

Parking:
Plentiful covered parking was available.

Room:
Again - the hotel is old. It shows in the rooms - there were a few cracked tiles in the kitchen, and the bathroom was the most hideous bathroom ever! Think pink and gold with kitschy wallpaper. There were tiles that were no longer glued to the floor. Were there little areas in the corners with a little dust? Yeah. But overall, the room was clean, the bed passed the bedbug check (clean!), there was no sand or trash or anything funky. For a beach hotel, I was satisfied. My biggest complaint was that there was a huge jetted tub in the bathroom that we would have loved to use, but there was pink mold visible in the jets, so we passed. But, the shower was clean, so I was fine.

The only hiccup in the stay was a fire alarm going off the day we were leaving at 5:00 am, causing all of us to evacuate until it was checked out. Apparently something malfunctioned and said the hotel was on fire (it wasn't). When we checked out, the girl at the desk was very apologetic about the whole situation. Again, not a huge deal.

Overall, we were satisfied with our experience there. When we go to the beach, we literally shower and sleep in our room, so we were just looking for somewhere clean and pleasant to do so. Perhaps we will stay here next year when it's all new!

Room Tip: Go beach front!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

As soon as we checked into the hotel I was completely grossed out walking to the room. There was dirty underwear in the hallway. Would have let that slide but the next day we found dirty socks in the stairwell. Walking into the room we found the appliances were dirty and rusted. The soaps were not new and were half used. Carpets and elevators were old and gross. If it wasn't for the great location of this hotel I would have gave it 0 stars.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank wonderlust16
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I'm torn between average and very good. Yes it is old and tired since they are closing in November to become a Doubletree. Loved the two bathrooms and two separate vanities. Our suite was overlooking the ocean. Very comfortable beds, everything in the room was in working order. Cracked tiles, smelly pull-out bed that no one wanted to sit on. But we weren't in our room much anyway. Fabulous view of the ocean and beach. Watched dolphins everyday swim by, and surfers in the morning. Two outdoor pools and one indoor with a sauna. This was our first time to Ocean City Md. If I had to do over I probably would have picked a hotel on the boardwalk. Our family was not disappointed with this choice. Why would they replace anything old when they are closing in a few months? Pool bar and restaurant is only open for two hours, nice respite from the wild waves when we visited. Not far from boardwalk. If you get there before 10am you can rent a surrey for 4 people to traverse the boardwalk.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Pros:
We all loved the big hotel room and balcony which had both a bathroom and powder room (only place I've ever seen this in a non-suite efficiency)
We liked the bartender at the outdoor pool too he was very friendly. Even though the hotel was dated it was really well cleaned I even saw the maids cleaning the sliding doors which is very rare nowadays, so a job well done to them! The room was really well stocked w towels and toilet paper etc
Cons:
I read that it will be changing brands in the fall, it is obvious that little things like burned out lights and the pool hottub as as well as the rooftop pools condition are being neglected. The hottub inside was boarded up and filled in instead of being removed and that is something that would have been enjoyed on rainy days but not major - I hope they bring it back again in the future.
The front desk was also pretty cold but that is just something you have to deal with

Overall it was a nice place for families despite the minor things, it was still a nice place to stay the beach wasn't crowded since the hotel is smaller; the minor things will probably be fixed and we would stay here again !:)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family