DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront
  • Pool
Flamingo Motel(Ocean City)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Sun 'n Fun Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini marketpowder roomminor thingscovered parkingoff street parkingice makerliquor storepots pansstayed longerpleasant stayworking orderlarge balconyshort walkgreat ratei highly recommend this hoteleasy accessrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Good points: The location is on 34th street, a few blocks north of the boardwalk. Right next to the beach. Oceanfront room's view is awesome - watched the sunrise from the balcony. Very quiet at night.
Bad points: main door latch broken. Rust and cracks in the bathroom. Handle on the fridge door broken.
Next year will give it another try after the rebranding. Hopefully it gets better with a face-lift.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you were pleased with our location and views, and can't wait to have you back to the All New DoubleTree Ocean City - Oceanfront! It's going to be great!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Could not have been better. The room was clean with plenty of room. Kitchen was great. The staff from the desk to housekeeping was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. Cannot wait to come back. I just hope the remodel doesn't take it out of our price range. We would come back even if it wasn't being redone. Absolutely loved it!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We stayed from 8/29 to 9/1.
The hotel it's self shows it's age but that wasn't a selling point for me. The ocean view room was great and the 1 1/2 bath was a great surprise. We left the balcony door open almost the entire time just to listen to the ocean. Our 10 year old loved all the pools. I loved the 1st floor pool with the outside tiki bar. The 1/2 bath in our room had a running toilet but we fixed that easily. The service was wonderful and the location was top notch! The discounted pass to the Jolly Rodger water park was great. We loved it! Didn't care much for the food places behind the hotel. The breakfast restaurant had wonderful food. The only downside is that I wanted to stay 1 more night but the price was more than doubled. Should have expected that with it being a Friday and Labor day weekend. The view of the ocean was wonderful.
We didn't use the kitchen except for the fridge. The housekeeping service was nice too.
I would stay again next year but the place is turning into a Double Tree and getting renovated.

Room Tip: Ocean view is great
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017

For the past 5 years or so every year when we stay here something is broken. Be it the sliding screen door, the air conditioning, the sink, or something else. The bathroom is cleaned but is never really clean and the growth between the fridge and kitchen counter area is always so disgusting. Please clean between the kitchen counter and the fridge!!! Do the bathroom corners and get the floor between the shower and sink. Gross!!! We do stay at this hotel because we love the covered parking, the location, and overall as I said they room is moderately clean. It used to be a lot cleaner when the Bainum's owned it and hired Canadian girls to clean the rooms every year.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and your toilet, sink, and shower won't back up!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017

So, here's the deal - I don't go to the beach for the hotel. I mean, really, who does? That being said, I am kind of funny about where I stay - I don't want to come home with any weird infections or bed bugs. I saw so many negative reviews for this property once I booked it that I almost cancelled. But, overall, it got over a 7 on Priceline, so I took the chance and kept our reservation. We stayed here 8/16 - 8/18, and had an overall pleasant stay. Here's my take on our experience - the good and the bad.

Location:
The location of this hotel is great! A little above the boardwalk, so quieter and a little more family friendly (as opposed to the typical OCMD party crowd). Also, we got a beachfront room, so that was really nice.

Staff:
I've seen so many reviews stating that staff was rude. I never got that impression. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Facilities:
The lobby was inviting, with an indoor pool right off of it. There was a little coffee shop that served Seattle's Best Coffee (at a cost, but not too outlandish). Overall, the entire hotel was in need of some TLC (which, I understand it's getting a complete remodel and rebranding over the winter). Things were old, some cracked or ripped or stained, but not dirty. The 6th floor hallway had a really bad odor (we started referring to it as the "hot garbage hallway" haha!), but the smell didn't creep into the room at all, so whatever.
There were three pools (two outdoor and one indoor), and we only used the rooftop pool on the 4th floor (just didn't get around to the others). It was clean and quiet and very nice.

Parking:
Plentiful covered parking was available.

Room:
Again - the hotel is old. It shows in the rooms - there were a few cracked tiles in the kitchen, and the bathroom was the most hideous bathroom ever! Think pink and gold with kitschy wallpaper. There were tiles that were no longer glued to the floor. Were there little areas in the corners with a little dust? Yeah. But overall, the room was clean, the bed passed the bedbug check (clean!), there was no sand or trash or anything funky. For a beach hotel, I was satisfied. My biggest complaint was that there was a huge jetted tub in the bathroom that we would have loved to use, but there was pink mold visible in the jets, so we passed. But, the shower was clean, so I was fine.

The only hiccup in the stay was a fire alarm going off the day we were leaving at 5:00 am, causing all of us to evacuate until it was checked out. Apparently something malfunctioned and said the hotel was on fire (it wasn't). When we checked out, the girl at the desk was very apologetic about the whole situation. Again, not a huge deal.

Overall, we were satisfied with our experience there. When we go to the beach, we literally shower and sleep in our room, so we were just looking for somewhere clean and pleasant to do so. Perhaps we will stay here next year when it's all new!

Room Tip: Go beach front!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple