13 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$198
Hotels.comUS$198
ZenHotels.comUS$230
1,295 results
All reviews standing balcony steam room clarion hotel beach bar small balcony outdoor pool allow pets a pet friendly hotel live entertainment off season beach access ocean front family vacation horizons conference bay summer
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2022

The staff was informative and very helpful. At the time the hotel is under many upgrades and construction so the price on a Monday night when renovations are happening was on the higher side and they did not offer anything to balance out the noise. My room is big and had many amentias but their was a weird smell and someone walked into the room while I was naked in the shower. At the bar they only had one bar tender so I left due to I could not get a drink after being their for a long period of time. I would not stay here again until the renovations are complete and making sure everything has been repaired to the rooms.

Reviewed 1 June 2022

This was our first time staying at this Hotel. It was not resort like, however it was very clean and comfortable. I was very worried as it is a pet friendly hotel and I have asthma, but no coughing or sneezing at all in our non- pet room. Super comfortable beds and pillows.

Reviewed 1 June 2022

It is a fairly large hotel with lots of potentials but it is supper old and needs a major upgrade of lobby, rooms, bathrooms, etc.

The room was spacey and clean, but AC in the room was making a terrible noise and made it impossible to sleep.

The hotel location is great in terms of beach access, but it’s pretty far from the whole happening such as board walk and Seacrets. You’ll need to get a cab or drive.

Their restaurant is really nice and fancy but their breakfast buffet is terrible and does not offer enough variety. Also, the waitress was EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional and we ended up paying zero tips.

Reviewed 31 May 2022

I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and that it was mostly quiet during my stay. The beach was not overly crowded, the pool and hot tub area was usually crowded but not so much that I couldn’t enjoy it.

Reviewed 28 May 2022

There were several problems with our hotel experience, both room-wise and service-based.

Physically, our AC unit was broken upon check-in and we didn’t realize until the next morning after waking up in a sweat. However, I don’t want to take away from the maintenance team because they were excellent. I called it in and it was a very quick response and the unit was replaced within 30 minutes. The unit did continue to leak and we notified maintenance which they said they would fix by the next day. That never happened, but it did not detract from our visit. We merely wanted to make sure that maintenance was aware of it.

Front desk service on the other hand was terrible. In our experience there, we encountered three front desk personnel: One woman who seemed like it was her first day on the job (not her fault), an older woman whose lack of communication and accountability left much to desired, and a front desk manager who remedied our hotel check in room issue by lack of communication and smart remarks.

My colleague/roommate and I were scheduled to attend a conference that was scheduled for Monday, May 22, 2022 - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at this very hotel. Due to deadlines set by the event coordinators, I booked the rooms weeks in advance on May 2, 2022. I booked a double queen bed room for Sunday, May 22, 2022 - Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Check-in was scheduled for 4 PM on that Sunday, however, we arrived around 10:00 AM just to check and see if the room would be available early. I called ahead of time and was told that this was fine to do.

When we arrived to check in, we first spoke with a front desk staff member who seemed to be in training and couldn’t really give us any information on our room other than they had us booked for Saturday, May 21, 2022 through Monday, May 23, 2022. I told her that that was incorrect and gave her a confirmation number. She attempted to correct the issue herself but ultimately had to defer to a more senior front desk staff member. This senior front desk staff member also informed us that they had us booked for different days, which I informed them was not what we booked and even furthered that the conference of which we received a discounted rate for wasn’t even scheduled for the days that they had us booked for. From this point forward, we were met with over 10+ minutes of silence. None of the three personnel members present at the desk said anything to us in regards to how we were to proceed, what they were attempting to do on their end, or anything whatsoever. We remained patient and when asked to step back so the other hotel patrons could check in we did so gladly. Eventually, we surmised that our issue had been passed to the front desk manager who was present the entire time. We stood in front of this manager for close to another 10 minutes of silence without him exchanging any communication to us in regards to what he was doing. After finally asking “what is going on here?” We were met with the smart remark, “you don’t wanna have to pay for Saturday when you weren’t here, right?” I responded that I would not and I furthered that I had already paid $180 in advance for a deposit and was told to arrive for a check in with $100 for the rest of the remainder. I furthered that this was reflective of the conference rate which was $155 for weekends and $99 for weekdays plus $20 in taxes. From that point forward I, while extremely frustrated by the level of unprofessionalism presented, begrudgingly held my tongue and eventually they remedied our issue and let us check in in advance since the room was avail due to them prepared it for Saturday.

The nail in the coffin of the front desk experience occurred on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 when we attempted to check out. Our initial check out process went smoothly and no remaining balance was ever brought up so we walked outside assuming that we were square. Roughly 3 minutes later, I was contacted via telephone by front desk staff and informed that the card of record was declining and we had a remaining balance to address. We came right back in since we had not even made it 100 feet from the front desk and I informed the staff that that card was not going to be able to be used and that we would pay in cash. We, AGAIN, waited in silence for another 7 - 10 minutes because the same senior front desk member we had spoken to on check-in informed us that they still had us in their system with the wrong reservation dates and it needed to be rectified. This took the remaining balance down to $40. For much of this time, we had the $40 in cash visibly trying to hand it to the representative without it being taken or communicated on. Eventually, the money was finally taken and we quickly left.

I have no idea what was going on with the front desk personnel during our stay but their lack of communication, lack of urgency, and making smart remarks instead of fixing the problem was the literal worst part of our stay. The hotel room itself was nice, we had a great view, and the maintenance staff was awesome. However, the engagement with the front desk personnel have helped me understand why the hotel has 3 out of 5 stars according to Google, despite a 4 star Google rating.

I am not discouraging anyone from staying here And I hope your experiences are better than ours.

• Trip type: Travelled on business