“Honest Review”
Review of UFood Grill - CLOSED

UFood Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Description: UFood Grill is an inexpensive, fast casual restaurant franchise that is new to Maryland. We are open from 6 am - 9 PM, serving all day breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as real fruit smoothies. We use grass fed beef, free-range chicken, crack our eggs fresh daily and make our pickles in-house. We have multiple menu options (beyond just a salad) for vegetarians and vegans, have many gluten free choices and families with varied food restrictions/preferences can all eat together in the same restaurant. We are not "fast food" - we serve fresh and delicious food fast; UFood Grill’s menu consists of dishes that are fresh, ALWAYS grilled, baked. broiled or steamed . . . NEVER fried. Our food is hearty and filling, as well as under 700 calories and 950 mg of sodium. UFood Grill also offers customization of our menu that can meet most dietary needs and restrictions.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and kids decided we'd try this place out. It clearly has not caught on yet as there was only one other couple in there.
Well, that may change after this review.
PLUS:
-Great and I mean great tasting food
-Rather nutricious selection
-Superb and very friendly service
-Nice atmosphere to eat outside, very trendy
-Good selections and helpful calorie list
CONS
-Somewhat pricy
We've been 3 times in the last 2 weeks...enuff said!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I have had breakfast on my previous visits. Today I tried lunch and had the Fired up Cheesesteak with the grass fed beef and a bag of pita chips with a drink. I'm a big guy with a big appetite and I feel just right now. 665 calorie lunch would be approved by my doctor as well. The steak is tender and the naan bread outstanding. It was as good as any cheesesteak I have eaten and a portion I can literally live with. I suggest you give it a try. I'm glad I did.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

It did not meet my expectations. When we arrived the kiosk did not work...Not a Big deal since the place was fairly empty. I ordered the cheese steak and unfries. I should have known something was wrong because when I ask for the cheese steak the guy behind the counter started laughing. My husband ordered the chicken pesto and broccoli. The cheese steak was an over cooked dry piece of steak cut into six small pieces with one slice of cheese on it (not melted) and it was placed on an oversized piece of flatbread. The fries were average and there was at least one sweet potato fry mixed in. My husband ordered chicken pesto which was more like a pesto cheese sandwhich hold the chicken. The broccoli was dry. Overall the best thing about ufood was the beverage machine where I was able to make a cherry lemonade. No plans to return.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My two coworkers and I were anxious to try out the new Ufood restaurant today, and excited about it after looking at their menu on the internet. We headed over early to beat the lunch crowd and got there at 11:30, and must say there wasn’t exactly a warm nor friendly reception. We were the only one’s there and proceed to order a couple Cobb Salads, and a turkey club without the guacamole. After 15-minute wait, they brought the food, and the disappointed began. First, we didn’t get two cobb salads, but rather one cobb salad and one Mediterranean salad, and the sandwich actually looked like it had extra guacamole vs none as requested. We sent the salad and sandwich back to have it prepared correctly, and after 10 minutes the sandwich came, but no salad… and the turkey sandwich was nothing more than Oscar Meyer type of lunch meat, not sliced real turkey or even better quality deli. When I inquired to the waitress as to what the holdup was on the salad, and commented that it was hard to believe with only three people in the place, how could they screw up two-of-the-three orders… could tell she couldn’t have cared less, and actually didn’t offer any response. After another five minutes, I went to the counter and could see there were three people in the back by the kitchen talking and moving boxes, but not fixing my salad. At this point I canceled my order and ask to speak to the manager. This went no better as not only did he not offer any apologies or even a remote sense of customer service, but rather he had an attitude and instead educated me on how there was only one guy in the kitchen and he was busy. While there were maybe 8-10 people in the restaurant at this point, the cook had plenty of time to fix it before the other people came in, and besides, I’m sure any qualified cook can handle 8-10 orders without it being a major issue… if not, then they should have had more cooks on duty. Besides, if they were worried about my food the way the seemed worried about stacking boxes and talking amongst themselves, I’m confident I would have gotten my order right the first time. We eat lunch out every day and always looking or a great new restaurant to add to our list, however, after this experience we surely won’t be adding UFood to the list. If you are looking for mediocre food served slowly, maybe wrong order, and with a unfriendly an attitude, then UFood is just right for you… if not, maybe one of the other several dozen restaurants in the area will probably be a better experience…. Red Robin, Mission BBQ, alley Fresh, Zoë’s, etc…

Stephen G, Owner at UFood Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

4/25/2017 Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to respond and I apologize for you negative experience. We are always working hard to improve our processes, train and retrain our dedicated team and make every customer experience a positive one. As you can see by the positive responses from many of our customers, we are successful most of the time. However, we strive to be 100% all the time. I am so glad you are giving us the chance to prove to you that your negative experience was the exception, not the rule and that it does not define us. We look forward to seeing you soon and hearing about your experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

My Doctor has me on a restricted diet that has forced me to give up some of my favorite foods. As a result, I'm searching to find new 'go-to' options as replacements. I was excited to discover this place which has plenty of items that fit my Mediterranean regimen, most are under 500 calories, taste great, and it is quick.
We found this place when I was looking for a quick burger and it was so tasty. All the breads are whole grain. They make good egg wraps which I love to eat any time of day. The chicken pesto is also on point. They even have sweet potato 'fries' that aren't deep fried in oil.
The staff is a bit inexperienced as they're all new to the menu, but they make up for it with pleasant service. If you don't want to order at the counter, you can order online or at a kiosk in the front.

Stephen G, Owner at UFood Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thanks so much for coming in and trying us! And, thank you for the kind words.