“Lovely but overpriced”
Review of Citron

Citron
Reserve with OpenTable
Citron is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Pikesville
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Citron, located on Quarry Lake at Greenspring in Baltimore County, offers a seasonally changing and approachable contemporary American menu created by Charles Levine and his robust culinary team, led by Executive Chef J. Dorsch. Enjoy locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood, fine quality meats, and house made desserts. Indoor/outdoor spacious bar features handcrafted cocktails, craft brews, fine wines and an extensive selection of top-shelf spirits. Citron offers casually elegant dining, a comfortable bar and lounge, amazing outdoor seating with expansive lakeside views exclusive to guests and private event spaces. Both a destination and a neighborhood gem, Citron has an upscale, contemporary vibe. Reservations Strongly Encouraged.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Have been a couple of times. Food was very good, place was beautiful (although a little stuffy), but prices left a bad taste. Happy hour prices also hight for drinks and apps. We don't use the valet parking there because a free parking field is so close, but their charge for it seems a bit like gouging given those same factors.

2  Thank jax11

Reviewed 20 June 2017

A friend raved about their brunch, so we booked a dinner for 6 of us. We knew it was going to be expensive, but have no problem paying for great food with a "wow" factor. I left feeling disappointed.

We met some of our party at the bar a little early. It took at least 5 minutes before the bartender even acknowledged us.

One person is dairy-free, they were smart to provide olive oil for her when they brought out the warm rolls. I ordered a caesar salad. It was a large head of Romaine lettuce cut in half. It was far from "petite" as stated on the menu. Too much work to eat, hard to cut and the dressing was very sparse. So far, not impressed, $12.

I ordered the crab cake for $35. It came with some sweet potato and huge asparagus, rather tough. The menu promised a grilled tomato and some kind of sauce; both were missing. The crab cake was slightly burned, but was lots of lump crab. I should have inquired about some kind of sauce, but should I have to?

Service was okay, nothing to rave about. So, the room and the view are really nice. If they are going to charge those prices, they need to back it up with really impressing their guests. Not memorable at all.

1  Thank JED53
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We went to Citron Baltimore for an early Father's Day dinner. We had terrible service, food that wasn't cooked to order, and items ordered that were never brought to the table. Our appetizer was brought to the table with our salads even though we asked for the appetizer to be brought first. My steak was over cooked, and the replacement had no salt or pepper on it, though it was cooked to proper temperature. The salmon entree was not hot when brought to the table. I ordered the wine pairing with the dessert. No wine came to the table. The server was surly, even though we were calm and apologetic about our request for a replacement steak.

It's a pretty restaurant in a great location. To bad the service and kitchen can't match the physical facility. Lots of parking nearby.

3  Thank Mark V
CitronManager, Manager at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Sir, We remember your visit. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your most recent experience. We always strive to provide our best service to everyone who walks through our doors and we are disappointed you received anything but that. If you would like to further discuss your experience, a manager may be reached at (410) 363-0900. We hope you will reconsider in visiting us in the future so we are able to leave a better second impression.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My wife and I went here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly empty. My wife got a hamburger with some type of chips and an iced tea. I got a pizza and a large bottle of flat water. At this type of restaurant, I typically don't get a pizza, but I was in the mood for a pizza that day. The bill was $48.76 before tip. The server was very nice, but service was slow. My wife and I thought the food was just mediocre. I am not sure if we will return.

2  Thank iram623
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Just finished first dinner at Citron. Dinner was delicious, service was outstanding, owner Chsrles Levine was beyond attentive. Can't wait to come back to enjoy another entre from an amazing menu.

Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thank you for your great review! Citron looks forward to your next visit, too. Cheers!