“A nice lunch”
Review of Citron

Citron
Reserve with OpenTable
Citron is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Pikesville
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Citron, located on Quarry Lake at Greenspring in Baltimore County, offers a seasonally changing and approachable contemporary American menu created by Charles Levine and his robust culinary team, led by Executive Chef J. Dorsch. Enjoy locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood, fine quality meats, and house made desserts. Indoor/outdoor spacious bar features handcrafted cocktails, craft brews, fine wines and an extensive selection of top-shelf spirits. Citron offers casually elegant dining, a comfortable bar and lounge, amazing outdoor seating with expansive lakeside views exclusive to guests and private event spaces. Both a destination and a neighborhood gem, Citron has an upscale, contemporary vibe. Reservations Strongly Encouraged.
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Had a very nice lunch here recently. The atmosphere was classy, the view of the adjacent quarry was pleasant, the staff and server were friendly, and the facility was spotless, including the fine-hotel grade restroom.

The food was tasty, including my fancy chicken sandwich and my companion's salad. Prices are on the higher side, and quantities were adequate. Our server was pleasant, accurate, and properly attentive.

If you don't use valet parking, it's a 1-2 short block walk from the nearby lot if none of the limited nearby on street places are open.

Overall, a pleasant experience , albeit slightly pricey.

CitronManager, General Manager at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch -- our atmosphere, our food, and our service. Also, thank you for sharing your great observations about (in addition to valet) Citron has plenty of nearby parking that's easy and free. Cheers!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I met two family members for dinner. I had the crab soup and the pork chop and my wife ordered the scallops. She had one mixed drink and I had a beer. We split a carrot cake between four of us. The other couple ordered the 7 oz. filets, one salad and one drink from the bar. The bill was just under $250 plus the tip so it was about $300 with the tip for 4 people. It was somewhat overpriced for what we ordered. Wines by the glass are also overpriced (many are $16-$18 glass).

I don't mind paying for a great meal and experience but this restaurant is not at that level. The atmosphere is nice and the service is attentive but the staff is not trained properly. I'm starting to sound like a broken record with my reviews. Take the ladies orders first and serve them first. Also serve food eaten with a fork from the left and from the right if it's eaten with a spoon. Again, I'll give them credit the staff was attentive but not at the level I expect from a pricey restaurant.

As for the food, it was good. The crab soup was hearty and a slight bit spicy (and the waiter described it correctly), the pork chop was good (although not memorable) and it was cooked properly. The carrot cake for dessert was excellent! I highly recommend it. We did notify them in advance it was an anniversary for the other couple and they put a chocolate on the dessert with Happy Anniversary written on it. That was a nice touch.

We'd probably go back but we didn't walk out and feel like it was a very memorable experience.

CitronManager, General Manager at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your visit to Citron recently. We sincerely appreciate your business and are happy you enjoyed your dinner. Citron offers top quality ingredients flown or driven in fresh daily. Our staff continues to be educated on proper service and we will strive to continue to please our guests in every way. Cheers.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Took friend for lunch. Seated outside, pleasant until the bees arrived. Asked for assistance, waitress brought a Citronella candle. Bees loved it and decided to take a swim in friend’s beer and my drink. Asked for replacement of beer. Waitress brought 1/2 glass refill. Really? Omelet and salad unspectacular in every way but price. Wine $15 a glass and we are not talking Petrus.

2  Thank Tom M
CitronManager, Owner at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

I am so glad to hear that you liked everything at lunch but this bee entering your beer as well as our wait staff should have said, the glass should always be full. Please accept my sincerest apologies and if you would like to discuss further, please call the manager personally at 410-363-0900. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

What an incredible meal we had. My wife loved her lobster bisque and I my cold zucchini. Next came perfect lamb chops for her and halibut for me. Finish the meal with chocolate macadamia nut dessert. Can't wait to eat there again.

CitronManager, Manager at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review. It is so great to hear you and your wife enjoyed the lobster bisque, lamb chops, zucchini and you had enough room for dessert. We cannot wait to see you again for you to try new things from the menu.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Emily was very rude, music was so loud it was distorted. This is not a community friendly restaurant at all.

1  Thank virusfighting101
CitronManager, Owner at Citron, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your most recent experience. We always strive to provide our best service to everyone who walks through our doors and we are disappointed you received anything but that. If you would like to further discuss your experience, a manager may be reached at (410) 363-0900. We hope you will reconsider in visiting us in the future so we are able to leave a better second impression.