Econo Lodge
Hotels.com
US$85
US$58
US$63
All reviewsnon smoking roomcontinental breakfastcomfortable bedsmall poolquiet placemotel
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Reception area was very dark and staff not very friendly. Felt a little like the place might have clientelle on extended stays. Though it looked like the place has had some superficial improvements, the room had that weird baby powder like smell, the bathroom and kitchenette had moldy edges and unstuck tiling, and there were lots of flies in the room and outside.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We wanted a non-smoking room, but room was clearly a smoking room because there was even an ashtray in the room. My eyes were burning all night. Smelled absolutely horrible like cigarette smoke. Spilled a small bit of water on the laminate floor, and when we wiped it up with a white washcloth the cloth was filthy, dark and dirty. My socks were filthy dirty on the bottom from walking from walking around the room, maybe 30 steps total. Super gross, but had no other choices that night as we arrived late. We immediately went and booked a room at another place for the next night, so we wouldn't have to spend another night at the Econo Lodge in Princess Anne Maryland.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2017

A one-night business trip brought me to Princess Anne. Unfamiliar with the area, I booked a stay here because it was very close to where I needed to be for work the next day. I thought it was fine and got basically what I expected for the price I paid. I arrived late at night and had to ring the doorbell and wake up the desk clerk (the owner, presumably) who was literally wearing his pajamas. So that was kind of a bizarre start, but after that everything was fine. The outside of the motel looks a little run down but the room looked like it had been renovated fairly recently. There were some things that remind you that you are in a budget motel: the shower curtain rod had obviously been re-hung and nobody bothered to patch and repaint the spot where it had been hanging originally, the grout around the tub was dingy, the curtains didn't quite meet perfectly so light got into the room. But the bed was comfortable, they had all of the cable TV channels you would expect in a hotel room, the heating unit worked fine, and everything seemed clean. For $70 a night, that's all I really expect. The complimentary breakfast is acceptable, too.

However, the next day when I got to my meetings and mentioned that I'd stayed at the Econo Lodge, the local at the meeting was horrified. She was like, "Oh my gosh, you stayed at the one here? In Princess Anne? I wish you had asked me ahead of time, I would have sent you somewhere better. Didn't you get the impression that it's, like, an hourly rate place?" So, clearly the locals think it's shady. For what it's worth, she recommended staying in Fruitland, which is only 15 minutes or so from Princess Anne and does seem to have a few restaurant options, a Walmart, etc., which is more than can be said for Princess Anne.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Because there are only 2 hotels in the princess anne area close to UMES, this is by far the best of the 2. The lady at the front desk is always very friendly and accommodating to ones needs. The continential breakfast is ok something to get you through until you get a meal. The rooms have always been neat & clean.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

It's okay for a one night stay when there were no rooms available in ANY of the hotels in the surrounding area. The rooms were fairly clean, albeit not the cleanest. The front desk staff was unorganized upon arrival, and the cops showed up to the hotel at like midnight which was a little disconcerting, although I don't think it was anything too serious. Wouldn't stay again given other options.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family