“A very worthwhile Asian Restaurant to Visit”

East Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 449 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: A quick Google search turned up yelp and other sites about East Pearl, but there doesn't appear to be a dedicated website. Excellent food!
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I have been here several times, the food and the service is always consistent and very good. I have tried Hunan, Schezuan and Cantonese food here, all the dishes were tasty.!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Had been a constant diner from time it opened. Saw it went downhill a bit in food quality but never below average. It seems it recently changed its chef and the quality is better. Place can be crowded and noisy (the tall open ceiling). If you like fish, try the pan seared chilean sea bass. The owner gives good customer service as are two other very friendly wairesses. A short cropped hair one left much to be desired though. Hope you don't get her to be the server..

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

I ate here for a late lunch on a Monday. Got lamb kabobs with lo mein. It was by far the best lo mein that i have ever eaten. The lamb kabobs were also delicious and very well seasoned.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

It's curious how Chinese restaurants treat Asians.

We were a party of four and we we seated at a large table for 8. I suppose the reason was the lazy susan: Asians share the food; Anglos eat individual portions.

The food was good. Definitely not fine-dining beating but tasty without being cloyingly sweet or salty.

The best dish was vegetables sauted in garlic. It's not on the menu, which is another secret to ordering in a Chinese restaurant in the USA.

Overall, a very positive experience

Reviewed 1 January 2015

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I chose this restaurant to carry out food for friends coming to my house to celebrate New Year's Eve. I went to the restaurant earlier in the day to order the food and to ask some questions in person. The woman who took my order was so patient and helpful, she provided an excellent introduction to a new place for me. I selected two appetizers (double orders each) and eight dishes from the regular menu to serve six people. (I also filled in with cheese/crackers and chips/dip to start, plus my own desserts.)

My friends are not adventurous diners, so my choices were standard Asian fare: Sesame chicken, beef and broccoli, pork with snow peas, house fish fillet and much more. Each dish was delicious, the proteins were tender, the vegetables fresh, the sauces light-handed, and the flavors both expected and elevated.

Based on this outstanding experience, I will definitely return to East Pearl to try more out-of-the-box dishes and to revisit some of the favorites from this outing.

1  Thank maggiesueb