“Don't let the street view fool you”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Ranked #28 of 448 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I pulled up and was unimpressed, and the sterile interior doesn't help ...... But the wait staff was very friendly & helpful in explaining food and how to order. From the excellent pico de gallo to the nacho chips the apps were excellent. Entrees were 5 star in my opinion. My wife & I took my son and 3 of his friends out for dinner and it was excellent. Not a bad note on the food whatsoever. My only disappointment was being to full to try the Flan or fried ice cream !

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is a friendly somewhat upscale Mexican restaurant with wonderful camerones as well as other great entres. The drinks are good and the service is great. My husband and I have always enjoyed going there.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've been coming here for over a decade - before they even expanded to double the size. Great service, great food (even for vegetarians), best Margaritas around.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I live near by and never knew about his place. I hope for them more people find out, but I also like that it is a hidden gem. We have small kids and it's a great place for us to meet out another family and have a nice time in a comfortable space. The food is good. I feel like a lot of the Mexican/Latin places in the area are overpriced. This place you actually feel like you get your monies worth.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

If you want really good Mexican and Central American food, this is the place. We love the fajitas, especially the camarones al Cancun. Service is very good and friendly, and the meal is always something that brightens the day.