“Tasty and filling”

Sazon Inka
Ranked #201 of 429 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I just got back from Sazon Inka and I am truly full and I only ate half of my food. Let me begin with the positives.

The portion sizes are truly pretty big. I ordered a Lomo Saltado and it was a legit two meals in size. Yay for doggy bags. My family which I went with ordered a whole chicken with 4 sides for 20 dollars, which considering the size of the sides is fair. My Lomo Saltado consisted of deliciously marinated steak strips with onion and tomatoes on yuca fries. The yuca fries were not the best I had, but the steak was da bomb diggity aka tasty. My server, Jessenia, was very positive and kept checking in on us. They had 3 different sauces to try with our fries and yuca that tasted like magic and luck had a baby in sauce form. My taste buds couldn't get enough of those sauces.

Some of the negatives were they seemed to be out of stock of a few items. They were out of Horchata and some hot sauce for our whole Peruvian chicken. In addition they were having issues with the AC system not working. I felt fine, but my family was sweating bullets.

If you eat at the restaurant you can get 2 free hours of parking which is great since the area is full of paid parking, but no free spots. All in all this place is pretty darn good.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Having picked up carryout Peruvian chicken several times previously, we decided to visit for a sit down dinner. The Pisco sour was well made. Our order of chicken with sides and the Seco de Carne Norte (sp?) came out promptly and was delicious. The service was excellent and cheerful. The place was clean and provided both cloth and paper napkins which I appreciate. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Being Peruvian I have high expectations when it comes to Peruvian food. This restaurant was up to the challenge. While the ambiance is not the best (it's very simple), the food totally makes up for it. The ceviche, causa de cangrejo and the chicha morada made me feel at home. Will be coming back.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We went for dinner on a slow Saturday night. The service was prompt and attentive. We had a Ceviche de Pescado, a Chaufa de Carne, and Flan for dessert. We liked the seasoning of the Ceviche a lot, and the Flan was just spectacular. We had Chicha Morada which tasted homemade. Overall we were happy with the restaurant and will visit again.

1  Thank NicolasD
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Of our five dishes, only one stood out at all, the ceviche. Given the lack of ambiance and the not very large portions, the prices are on the high side. Service was slow and distracted.