All reviews standard courtyard clean rooms nice lobby stay there again price was reasonable bed was comfortable mini fridge shady grove metro bistro platinum highway desk hospital meeting gm
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had a suite with a good sized living area and bedroom separated by a wall & door. Both areas contained a tv. The living area had a sofa, 2 chairs, a cocktail table, microwave, mini-fridge, mini-coffee maker and desk/roll out table. The beds were comfortable, and the sofa was even comfortable for the one person sleeping there. We had a tiny little balcony that looked into the courtyard, but was covered enough so we could sit there in the monsoonal rains. The bathroom was small (and outdated, but honestly so is my home). We ate breakfast In the bistro and found the food to be hotel priced but ok. There was a limited variety of hot, freshly made egg dishes and fancy pancakes (which I should have tried). I had the farm bowl which was enough to share. I think the strangeness was the layout of the place, the placement of the elevators, and the lack of a pool. The hotel is 3 levels in a square around the spacious courtyard. The halls were long, dark, narrow corridors. The elevator was nowhere near the lobby, the bistro or the conference rooms. I went searching for the pool, following the signs in the hallways, but only saw an area with all the windows frosted over and no marked entrance. The lobby was all modern design but the room hadn’t been completely updated in a while. (We even realized there were two copies of the same picture hanging in the bedroom area. Is this a design thing now? ) I used the Marriott website to book the room; found the price was decent compared to others in the area. I guess in this case the price would get me to rebook for another stay despite the design flaws and absent pool.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Chose to stay here as they offered a courtesy van to Shady Grove Metro. Check in was OK as the staff was pleasant, professional and courteous. We had to walk to the other side of the property to find the elevator. Why the elevator isn't near the lobby is beyond me. We were given a nice upgrade to a suite. The suite was comfortable and clean but one of the HVAC units was very noisy. Fortunately, the weather was mild and we just turned it off. When I went to take my bath, I was surprised to see a soap/conditioner/body wash dispenser mounted high up on the wall instead of the usual compliment of soap and shampoo bottles. I was expected to stand up every time I wanted a squirt of shampoo or soap. This reminded me of my last stay at a Motel 6. Fortunately I had some soap and shampoo in my bag. I would NEVER use an in-room shampoo dispenser as I wouldn't know if a previous guest put something inside (hair remover for example) the dispenser. I am told they save a little money and it is greener than the little plastic bottles but at the cost of being less sanitary.

On the plus side, the shuttle back and forth from the metro was convenient and prompt. Also, the bistro was fine although I felt they could use more help as the counterman was a bit overwhelmed at times.

This hotel also allowed you to skip maid service in return for 250 reward points. I thought that was a good idea and we opted in. Unfortunately, as of today, my account was not credited with the 250 points or for my first night's stay for that matter.

Deluxe Wi Fi was on the slow side but the TV selections were fine.

Will I return/? Probably not as there are many choices in the area.

Room Tip: Check in before you unload your car. This way you can drive to an entrance near the elevator if necessary.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Road-Maven
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

It had been awhile since we traveled And stayed in a Courtyard. My biggest complaint is that the last two places we have stayed, YOU have to locate the luggage racks. This Courtyard is no exception. The place is dated, but clean and, by all appearances, this is relatively
safe. The staff was accommodating and professional at every encounter!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Two night stay to visit elderly parents. Room was clean, but carpeting was dated and the bathroom was small. Bed was comfortable but it felt like I was short-sheeted. A/C was loud, especially with the rain falling on the outside wall mounted unit. Served its purpose, but nothing more.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cadbanker
Annie J, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Cadbanker,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Rockville and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to better address the maintenance and upkeep items you mentioned from occurring in the future.
I would like to make this right, please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Rockville.

Annie

Annie Jones
Operations Manager
(301)-670-6700

Reviewed 7 February 2018

This property is a typical Marriott Courtyard. Clean, good size rooms, nice lobby, good value. The problem is the hotel is really spread out and we seemed liked we walked forever to get to get our room. I suggest asking for a room near the lobby. This is also the first Marriott property, and I have been to many, that didn't offer free coffee in the lobby. Instead it was Starbucks for $2.00 plus. Seems a bit cheap to me. I'm not a big fan of the courtyard brand and will stay at a Residence or Spring Hill next time.

Room Tip: Get room near lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Annie J, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Ernjack1972,

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Courtyard Rockville. We are glad to hear you found the hotel clean with spacious rooms and that you enjoyed our recently renovated lobby. While we do not offer complimentary coffee in the lobby any longer, we do provide complimentary coffee in our guestrooms. I am sorry to hear that Courtyard does not meet your specific travel preference however I am happy to know Marriott does have brands that appeal to you with our Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites brands. We look forward to welcoming you at Marriott during your next trip.

Annie Jones