All reviews shady grove front desk pocket door room was clean waffles third floor complimentary shuttle service business park walk in shower free wifi metro station free hot breakfast dc area small fridge outdoor pool safe area off the highway
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Room wasn't too bad. However, the hallway reaked of pot smell. We had ants in our room called front desk they said they'd take care of it which they did. The breakfast was OK. No microwave in room that would have been a great thing to have. Room had fridge. No bus parking our driver had to back all the way down to get in front of door. Overall besides getting our contact buzz in the hall it was OK.

Date of stay: May 2016
A P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear Shawna,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with us.

I can see through your review that we may not have fully met your expectations and that we could have provided a better overall experience during your stay in our hotel!

Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience and the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more in order to provide a better stay experience for our guests. Be assured that I made a note of your remarks and have cascaded them to the appropriate heads of departments in order to avoid any similar errors in the future.

Thank you again for your comments. I am sure I will be able to welcome you back to the Sleep Inn Shady Grove, in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

The people behind the desk are helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean but a bit damp smelly. The beds were clean and comfortable. My only complaint would be that it's a bit noisy. We were put on the first floor and the first night a school was visiting and staying in the floor above us and the kids were running all night long. Had I know that I would have asked to be put on the floor above. Also the cleaning staff are wonderful but are quite noisy when chatting with each other in the morning. So sleeping in was out of the question. All in all it was a decent stay, my biggest priority is cleanliness and the rooms were clean

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sleep Inn Shady Grove and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with other travelers.

We really appreciate all feedback as it allows us to identify areas in which we can improve. I have shared your comment about your experience with our department heads and the management team and will work to ensure we improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I checked in at hotel in evening time and evening guy i do not remember his name.
first he gave me room which was non smoking double and i entered in room and i found the hair in bathroom and bed. i called desk clerk and he came and change my room and he gave me another room key and i found hair on floor i took the pictures too. on second day in morning the breakfast lady was so RUDE. when i asked her to refill the breakfast she just argued with me. and i complained to the morning desk clerk. when i came from outside and my room was open because housekeeper leave the door open and i complained to the front desk and she said that manager will contact you as soon as possible but unfortunately i never received any phone calls until now. i am still waiting for manager call.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sandra p

Dear Sandra,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. This is not our usual level of service and I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you further about this if you would like to share your contact details with me directly on amit.puri@ailhotels.com.

I will appreciate it if you would take the time to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Room quality was good. Free wi-fi seemed sluggish. Location is about 2 miles from Metro station but it's only $5.10 to park there all day. Good-sized room fridge and shower stall. Overall good value but don't expect the world at this price point.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
A P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we did and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance from the unstable WiFi at room. Please note that this information has been passed on to our management team. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Rockville.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Spent a night here as we had an early appointment nearby. Comfortable hotel with a nice lobby. Breakfast was good. Room was small but comfortable. Price was very affordable. Staff was extremely friendly. No issues with outside noise, which is good since it is close to a highway.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
A P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear Maureen,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something we takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Rockville and make it even more memorable.