“Great stop in an awesome town.”

Saint Michaels Winery
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We have tried SMW at some local wine fests, but it was great to stop in the actual business. My wife and I each had separate tastings and the lady serving was very knowledgable and welcomed questions. There were some we liked and did not like, but that's whats great about tastings. We did leave with a few bottles. Great visit!

All reviews
"visited st"
"gift shop"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 September 2017

First of all, I am not usually a fan of MD wines. LOVE my state though I do, haven't been a fan of the wines. Until now. This winery has some amazing wines. Easy enough to do the wine tasting and very inexpensive. $6 for 8 wine tastes if I have that right. The whites are better than the reds but I walked away with SIX bottles. Wonderful atmosphere and people. Check out was easy and quick. This winery is tucked away at the far end of St. Michael's but it is WELL worth the walk. We came via a cruise so walked from the docks - about 10 minutes walking time. My experience here saved the day after a somewhat disastrous lunch experience.

1  Thank elivela67
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We were very impressed with this little wine shop & winery! Of course the first thing that made us fall in love was the fact that they let our pups relax inside with us while we sampled a bunch of wines. They have several different tasting options and many different wines to choose from. We decided to do 1 Get Wobbly Run and share between the two of us, and it was a great option since we had already done a bit of drinking beforehand. I think if this was our first stop we would have each gotten a Wobbly Run. The woman behind the counter that helped us out with our sampling was delightful and very knowledgeable about the different wines. I felt the different tasting options were very reasonably priced as well as the bottles of wine. We left with three different types of wines and feeling only slightly wobbly!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The winery is very cute with nice shops housed within the building. The tastes were pretty small compared to other wineries, but enough to give us an idea of what we liked. The gentleman was very informed and explained each taste in detail. He also recommended some restaurants that the locals go to. We did purchase 3 bottles and they held them for us while we walked around town and shopped.