“Pleasant Surprise - Great Sandwich”
Review of Woodfire Restaurant - CLOSED

Woodfire Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Had the Turkey Club which came on a roll not the usually three layers of bread. Yummy!
Nice interior. We were there for lunch on a Monday and there weren't many people there so we had the place to ourselves.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

lighting inside at tables is low which give a private feeling, till some kid at the next booth bangs his feet into the seat x20. But the food is good and the wine is best to purchase on their Wine Wednesday event. We've been at least 5 times and I've never had bad food. WoodFired Pizza is good. But i really liked the trout.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We had a restaurant.com coupon for this unknown restaurant on our way to the Annapolis area. While a bit hard to find ( in a shopping mall in a huge rainstorm!) we were pleasantly surprised at the cozy, sophisticated decor. The waitstaff was very friendly and the booths comfy. The caramelized onion soup & crab-corn chowder were both excellent. For entrees we had seafood pasta & BBQ shrimp & scallops. The mashies were yummy and the sourdough rolls very good. Cocktails were fine, they were happy to take the discount (not all restaurant staff are!) and we were more than happy with our experience here.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My party ordered lamb chops and ribeye. I ordered the ribeye, medium well which usually means a little pink. This was not true at Woodfire, it meant well done with no juices at all, lots of chewing. As for the lamb chops, they were mostly gristle and hardly any meat. I understand restaurants do not get to choose what they get from the supplier, but when your prices are as they are here, there needs to be a concern.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This restaurant is close to our house, so it is an easy go to when cooking doesn't seem an option. As a vegetarian, there is very little for me to eat. I ordered an appetizer as my main meal. The rest of the party ordered meat dishes. The food was incredibly slow to arrive. When my potato skins got there they were rock hard and inedible. I told the waiter and he took them away....10 minutes later a very apologetic waiter returned with my meal and they did not charge me, which was nice....but everyone was finished eating by the time my meal came and it was still pretty nasty. The menu seems to change there constantly and not for the better. I will say the kids meal choices are decent and reasonably priced. I ordered my girls meals first and they were finished eating for over a half an hour before our meal arrived. Not cool. I will stay home and cook next time.