All reviews full kitchen valet parking wine and beer breakfast and dinner sofa bed movie theater metro station dc area across the street home away from home whole foods lots of restaurants breakfast room valet service family vacation the hotel manager few blocks
Reviewed 4 July 2017

First the good. The staff was nice and friendly and the room was clean. The walk to the Metro station was 3 blocks and there is a free shuttle (although you may need to wait for it sometimes). One big issue for families - the pool (which is only open 4pm-10pm on weekdays) is rented out for swimming classes from 4:30-7:30 most days (all days??) of the week. They will only let you use one side of it. I thought I paid for all of it! Think you can then relax in the nice warm whirlpool? Guess again. It was only 85 degrees. Be advised, the rooms in the "one bedroom" suite do not have a door between them. Every night we had dueling TV's competing from room to room. I have stayed in literally dozens of Homewood Suites before. The rooms in this one were much, much smaller than normal (speaking of the one bedroom "suite"). The kitchen area was tiny, and the table was squeezed in and had room only for the one chair that was there. Not too helpful for a family of 4. The sofa bed was soooo uncomfortable but then that is not unusual. Their food options M-Thurs were decent tasting but a little meager compared to most HW Suites I have visited. For business travelers or couples who don't care about the pool, this might be a good hotel. It is very close to downtown and there are multiple dining options in walking distance. But for families? I cannot in good conscience recommend it at all. We were very, very disappointed in it and sorry we chose it. As Hilton Diamond members, we are used to the brand and were very unpleasantly surprised with this location.

Room tip: There is heavy construction going on next door. Do NOT stay here unless you have a high floor.
Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Phoenix_dream
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Homewood Suites Silver Spring provided a clean, comfortable, quiet hotel suite on bustling Colesville Road. It is located convenient to the train station to DC, lots of restaurants, movie theater and mall. The complimentary breakfast buffet was adequate although it could have had more healthy choices. The king size bed was very comfortable, the wifi was free for Hilton Honors members, and the kitchen had a full size refrigerator, small stove, and dishwasher. The valet parking and front desk staff were very efficient. We enjoyed our stay and will return next time we visit our family.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. Despite that I would stay at this hotel again. The location is great, the staff is very friendly. Walk to metro and downtown pedestrian area. The hotel overall is clean a new offers a few extras that make the stay worthwhile.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2017

It was a quick drive to D.C. And there were many restaurants in walking distance. We arrived during rush hour and it was a little difficult to find because of the construction around it. The room was comfortable and we were able to fit our family of 5 in it well

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We arrived late and they were so accommodating. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very interactive and made sure our stay was going OK. They new that I was staying there and acknowledged me as needed. I love that eye to eye contact with a smile that if I neede something I new all I had to do was ask. Great staff and place felt like home the five days we were there.