“Local restaurant”

Ranked #149 of 397 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Atmosphere was great. Place was clean and first impression was good. Neither of our Waitresses spoke English and we didn't speak Spanish but this did not stop us from ordering food and drinks. I was very happy with my chicken fajitas. Vegs were cooked perfect and the chicken was outstanding. Presentation was appealing. My friend had shrimp barritoes and loved it. Margareta's were great and happy hour added to our satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent little restaurant tucked away in the Spring Center shopping center on 16th Street. Try the lunch buffet weekdays. Nice Sunday brunch for cheap price as well. Great chicken and beef fajitas. Generous drinks and a nice friendly staff makes for a good dining exoerience.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Sneeze and you'll miss it. El Aguila is hidden in the far corner of a strip mall - between the post office and a sub shop. If you arrive anytime before 8pm, it may more closely resemble a ghost town than lively restaurant. But looks can be deceiving.

Hugely popular with local Salvadorans, the place comes alive with music, laughter, and drinks. Lots and lots of tasty drinks.

I start with a mojito and pupusa before ordering the El Aguila salad with grilled shrimp.

If you're in a hurry, try the McDonalds a few doors down. If you want to sit, relax, and enjoy dinner - visit here.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Wow! The flavors at this Mexican restaurant are the best in town! I began with a stiff Cadillac margarita and continued with a wonderful platter of three enchiladas. The enchiladas were the best I had in years! I notice that there is a lunch buffet during the week, but I haven't tried that. This restaurant is in a strip mall off 16th Street just north of the DC border. Worth a visit if you love Enchiladas!!!

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

My friend and I decided to get together at the last minute and she suggested this place. They have their own parking lot in the back, the space is huge, the servers and bartenders are friendly, the drinks are well poured-no disappointment on the amount of alcohol, and the food is brought out freshly made. There might be a slightly longer wait for food but the portion is healthy and it's like they made it to order. I heard they have a great happy hour. That's the next thing to try.