“Wish I lived closer”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

On our way to DC looking for a restaurant that served pupusas, an El Salvadoran food that is hard to find near Philadelphia. This little restaurant was a pleasant surprise; lunch service with white tablecloths, very friendly servers and amazing food. We all had pupusas and tamales, but the plates of food we saw others ordering made us wish we lived closer so we could try more on the menu. Might be worth the drive again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

It's been a long time since I tried Samantha's for dinner, but on a Sunday night my wife and I did takeout. The parking lot was saturated, and the place was TOTALLY full. Even so, it was quiet (easy to understand conversation at a normal tone of voice). Our dishes -- a ceviche appetizer and a pork entree -- were WONDERFUL. Count us as loyal regular customers.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

My husband & I ate here for dinner on the recommendation of our b&b hostess. We were expecting Mexican & it definitely had more of a Latin influence. There were a lot of seafood options. There are no refills on drinks (but sodas are only $1.50). I had the tacos al carbon & the marinade for the steak was fantastic. I didn't like the rice but my husband did.

Overall this restaurant was pretty good. If you are expecting Mexican though, look somewhere else.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We had shrimp, taquitos and pupusas from the appetizer menu. Everything was amazing! Quick service. Cup was never empty. Outside of building does not represent the inside... JUST GO IN!! We will return! The BEST sauce for the chips. Also great for the pupusas.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We love coming here. The service is always friendly and helpful.
The vegetarian enchiladas have lots of tender spinach and the chicken dishes are
delicious. The chips are the thinnest, least greasy chips we've ever had!
And there are always lots of happy families eating at Samantha's.