“Ceviche for Lunch”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

For years, I've relied on Samantha's for better-than-usual Mexican meals. In recent times they've been getting better both on the food and the service sides. Service continued on the ascendant today, food took a tiny step back. I'll still keep coming, but I may check out options to what was my go-to default lunch. I stead of their wonderful homemade salsa, they served a cheese salsa... it helpful given my lactose intolerance.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Samantha's is an amazing restaurant, with extremely reasonable prices. I love the carne asada, which is always cooked perfectly. The guac is always fresh and delicious, and the margaritas are also great. Other favorites include the steak enchiladas and burritos. Good mix of both Mexican and Latin American options. The staff are always friendly and service is always fast.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

For years, Samantha's has been the hest Mexican restaurant in the area: all the usual menu items, but in in a more authentic and tasty incarnation all at a reasonable price. If there was anything that left room for improvement from the perspective of a gringo, it was that the staff had a shaky grasp of English and one felt a bit of an outsider. But over the years, the owner and wait staff have gotten far more proficient and overtly welcoming. I've always loved their food...now I can also feel totally comfortable that I understand the options, that my order has been correctly understood, and that everything will be fine. The only likely drawback is that they're bound to get more and more popular. Today, for instance, at an hour (2pm) that I used to have the place to myself, the dining room was more than half full. If it's already tbat busy at an off hour, the chances of having to wait to gain entrance at dinnertime are overwhelming.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

When you are raised eating homemade Latin food it's difficult to find a place where they "cook like mom." Anytime I crave mom's cooking I go here and I am never disappointed.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

On our way to DC looking for a restaurant that served pupusas, an El Salvadoran food that is hard to find near Philadelphia. This little restaurant was a pleasant surprise; lunch service with white tablecloths, very friendly servers and amazing food. We all had pupusas and tamales, but the plates of food we saw others ordering made us wish we lived closer so we could try more on the menu. Might be worth the drive again soon.