“My favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 January 2018

CD's Café is a small restaurant that does not take reservations, so plan on going early or possibly waiting. They have a bar/lounge in the back of the building (separate from the restaurant) where you are welcome to wait while having drinks or an appetizer. You may also eat lunch/dinner in the lounge. They always have several specials each day, which is mostly what we order. Rarely do we order from the menu, though the items are always good. They make their own desserts, which are wonderful. They always have some flavor of crème brulee, which is one of their signature desserts, and one of my favorites. Their staff is friendly and service is always good. Expect a bit of a longer wait on nights where they are fully seated. The atmosphere is casual. The prices are moderately expensive. Entrees run between $20-30. Recently, dinner for three with two having drinks, coffee, and dessert cost approximately $150 (pre-tip). I've never had a bad meal at this restaurant. I always leave delightfully full, and totally satisfied.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was full so we had a drink in the bar behind the restaurant. My Caesar salad was perfect and my meal was excellent. The steak was the most tender I’ve ever had and the vegetables were crisp and warm. I only wish the waiter had refilled our water. We were parched!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This is a restaurant you'll be coming back to again and again (as will we). The food is expertly prepared, the wait staff is absolutely customer oriented, the atmosphere is intimate and inviting, and did I mention the incredible food? My wife and I had the Rockfish Special and it was nothing short of phenomenal. This was seafood cooked by a culinary expert! Every mouthful was a savory luxury - a tantalizing combination of sensory pleasures and epicurean delights that will be remembered for a very long time. And, then, there was the Bourbon Pecan Pie...yup, it was to die for!!! Whatever kind of diet you are on, trust me, there's always room for this dessert. The best ever!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Every year we come here for our anniversay. Always a wonderful meal. Its a cozy place Cream brulee is the bomb

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

You have two delightful choices for seating venues at best kitchen and Chef combo in Solomons: CD Cafe or the Next Door Lounge which shares same kitchen in a bistro/wine bar type setting. There are a lot of dining options in Solomons but this one is head and shoulders above the rest.