“Good but pretty average.”

Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I'm a little bias because I love Embassy Suites. I just think there's no hotels better. Before I got to the hotel something told me to change my room but no I didn't and ended up having to switch because the tub had condensation and the TV did not work. I also walked in on the maintenance man which was very scary to me. However they accommodated me and I enjoyed myself in a different but smaller room.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ReneeTaylor, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear "Courtneyt212",

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review and for sharing your experiences with us.

Providing clean, comfortable accommodations and great guest services is a priority for us and hope that every guest notices our time and effort in assuring that every stay is pleasant. My sincerest apologies for the interruption upon your arrival and glad to hear that my staff was able to assign another room for you.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Always friendly staff, clean, good breakfast and a bargain for your money. Internet and room service are both good and working well. My company lets me stay where I want and in Baltimore in this area, the only place I stay is at this Hampton Inn Baltimore/White Marsh.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Elisha M,

Thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review online after your stay with us.

It was certainly our pleasure serving as your host while on your business trip in the Baltimore area and we are so very happy to hear that you have made us your home away from home!

Your comments and feedback are truly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you many more times in the future!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Dorian the desk manager was the nicest desk manager I have ever experienced! He made the stay very pleasant. Room was musty and A/C did not get cold enough for our liking. Bed was comfortable. Hallways could be vacuumed more often. Biggest complaint is that we called 2 days before our arrival to request adding another night and we were told the rates were $40-$50 more because it would have been Labor Day. They did nothing to try to accommodate another night making it (4 night instead of 3). Told us to go online we will get a better price! Other then that, I would stay again. We were able to walk to parks and resturants which was nice after driving around all day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear "143carriev",

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review after your recent visit to Baltimore.

Please know that we make every effort to provide the accommodations and services that our guests deserve and if we fail to meet your expectations, in any way, we want and need to know. I truly appreciate your feedback in regards to Dorian and our hotel facility and thank you sincerely for your honest and candid comments.

It has been a pleasure serving as your host and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Even the breakfasts are good, with fresh fruits, yogurts, and grilled sausages. Request a microwave/refrigerator be placed in your room before arrival (they are only there with an advance request). A clean and well-managed hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a microwave/refrigerator before you arrive.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear "appetizergal73",

Thank you so much for submitting a Trip Advisor review after your recent stay at our Hampton.

It is certainly a pleasure receiving your feedback and it's great to hear that we met your expectations during your visit. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is a high priority for us and we are extremely happy that you noticed our efforts.

We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Baltimore/White Marsh Hampton Inn is a fine hotel. It's clean, the front desk staff was friendly, the breakfast spread was good (turkey sausage, yay!), and our room looked good. Here's the main problem: our room was across from a large area the staff and housekeeping went into and out of ALL NIGHT. We must have been awakened a dozen or more times by loud talking, door slamming, or both, and I don't think any of that noise came from the guests. The staff needs to be cognizant of the fact that guests are trying to sleep across the hall. The room in question was not labeled on the online reservation map--if it were, we would have chosen a different room and probably had a much better experience. Another problem: our king bed was very, very firm. It could have used a mattress topper or something. Without the absurd noise from the staff, we probably could have slept OK. But the combination of the mattress and all the noise combined to give everyone (including our daughter on the sofabed) a terrible night's sleep. Two more issues: the AC and heat both put out air that smelled moldy, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. The breakfast spread in the morning was really good, and the staff manning it were great to interact with. Maybe if they had worked overnight, we could have managed a mediocre night of sleep.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ReneeTaylor, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online Trip Advisor review after your recent stay with us.

Please know that the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and I extend my personal apologies to you for the disruptions you have shared in your review. We certainly want all of our guests to have a relaxing stay and if we fail to meet a guest's expectations, we want and need to know.

I know the Assistant GM has reached out to you after receiving comments from another forum, as we wanted to address your concerns as quickly as possible. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I hope our recent communications reconfirm our dedication in providing you with professional service and interactions that you have become accustomed to over the years.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Marsh
4.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore North / White Marsh
0.5 km away
WoodSpring Suites Baltimore White Marsh

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!