“Cafe Luigi is just mediocre”
Review of Cafe Luigi - CLOSED

Cafe Luigi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Although the service was quite good, the quality of food is not as good as it once was. We were a bit disappointed as we had remembered it being better than it was on our last visit at the end of July. Perhaps that is why it was easier to get a table. Hopefully when it reopens things will be better. The location in Bedford is convenient.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Great food, comfortable place and friendly waitresses. This was my first time here after hearing a great review of it from my wife. I agree with her (as always). Too bad Cafe Luigi is now closed until sometime in the spring when they move to the new building next door. Looking forward to it.

1  Thank ilkkats
Reviewed 30 August 2015

My dining experience at Cafe Luigi this afternoon wasn’t the worst, but it was far from the best. In the past, at least the service was good to exceptional.

Our party of four adults was seated at a table that was too small even before the bread basket arrived. When we were seated, almost a quarter of the table space already was taken with salt and pepper shakers, advertisements, etc.

The salt and pepper shakers, oil and vinegar cruets, cruets holder, and water glasses looked as though they hadn’t been cleaned in months. The wait person never brought the extra dinner napkins that we requested when she took our meal orders. Eventually, a member of our party retrieved extra dinner napkins from a service area.

Our meals arrived at different times, over a span of at least five minutes. Instead of clearing the table of the empty salad plates before bringing our entrees, the wait person stood and glared at us until we picked up our salad plates, to make space for her to set down our entrees. There was no space on the table to which to move the salad plates to the side.

The barely warm shrimp scampi was the worst I've had any place. The shrimp was rubbery because it was overcooked. Most of the linguini was glued together and not cooked enough. I cook my pasta at home al dente. Cafe Luigi’s linguini didn’t come close to al dente. The small lemon wedge had more seeds than lemon.

The salad ingredients were fresh, but the salad was overpriced because it consisted mostly of iceberg lettuce. I asked for the house dressing, and I didn’t ask for the dressing on the side. However, the wait person served my salad with no dressing on it, and she put oil and vinegar on the table, to use as the dressing.

Cafe Luigi is closing until its new location is ready. During the closure, management would be well advised to think of ways to improve the food, the service, and some of the seating. I hope that the new location has a better seating configuration and that the new location is much quieter.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

My husband, son and I stopped at the Cafe Luigi plaza expecting to eat a quick burger for lunch at B Good. But, B Good was under renovations and closed so we went next door to Cafe Luigi. A small Italian restaurant, this place has rustic details with black and white checkered table cloths covering their tables. Seating is at regular tables or in booths. A basket of sliced bread and butter was delivered shortly after we were seated. We each ordered off the lunch menu. One order of chicken with broccoli and tornelli which was a dinner sized portion of sauteed chicken pieces, crisp broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and oil served on a small bed of pasta (the tornelli). One order of 1/2 chicken parmesan sub with a dinner salad (they have whole sandwiches or you can choose 1/2 sandwich with a side dinner salad or soup) and one order of 1/2 meatball and cheese sandwich with a dinner salad. The sandwiches were served on fresh french bread and lightly toasted in the oven. The salads were the size of a large dinner side salad and were fresh and crisp with dressing served on the side. The 1/2 chicken parm sandwich was 2 chicken finger sized pieces of meat on the rolls with melted cheese and sauce. All of the food was excellent and the prices were more than reasonable. The chicken with broccoli dish is highly recommended. For 3 lunches, 1 iced tea (no other drinks) the total bill was only $32. Really a good value. Service was quick and attentive without being overbearing. And, we were in and out of there in less than an hour.

1  Thank Teacher_Mother
Reviewed 19 August 2015

This restaurant is outstanding in price and food. It is an eating experience that reflects the great committed staff and the terrific food they serve. Their Chicken Pom is the best I ever had along with all the other great dishes they serve. Their prices are economical for the quality of food and the quantity you receive forces you to take the leftovers home with you. I can't say enough great things about Luigi's and I guarantee
you will make it a regular dining restaurant.