“Not nearly as good as Patou down the street”
Review of Asai Fine Japanese Cuisine - CLOSED

Asai Fine Japanese Cuisine
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 October 2015

It's been a while since we chanced Asai. We'd much rather frequent the Thai restaurant, Patou, in Belmont Center.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

SUPER FRESH sushi and sashimi. Also has good Thai food like pad thai. Not a super warm environment but good for a easy dinner with friends. Nothing fancy. Good food and pleasant service. VERY clean and I like to get my sushi here - you can see the sushi chefs working right behind the counter. There is a big fish tank in the restaurant that is beautiful and clean (don't think the sushi comes from there :-). Gives me a good feeling about the quality of the food!! Great for take-out.
Reliable place.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Had passed by this restaurant many times and finally tried it. We were disappointed. It used to have cloth tablecloths and napkins. But now we felt like we were in a lunch spot. We had hoped for tastier food. we will not return.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

It's an excellent Sushi restaurant. It's Korean food is good too, though the selection could be a bit wider. My reservations are too sweet pad Thai and less chic ambience.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

I've been going to Asai for years - and it's a favorite sushi spot. I do love to sit next to the giant fish tank or in the bay window area watching the cute center of town activity. Their sushi is delicious as is the pad thai, fried rice, appetizers...and when it's a cold winter day I crave their chicken soup! It's casual and comfortable. In all the years we've never had a bad meal or experience with the efficient waitstaff. I've been here for lunches with clients or dinner with family & friends.