“One of the Best, when it was open”
Review of Cielito Lindo Grille - CLOSED

Cielito Lindo Grille
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2015

A eulogy for one of the best Mexican Restaurants in the US. Unfortunately, Cielito Lindo is no longer open, but while it's doors were unlocked, there were few nights with no wait for a table. Among the best service, most authentic and above all delicious Mexican food I've ever had. The Burrito Patron was a particular stand-out, massive with grilled chicken, bacon, and a mild chipotle sauce among the usual burrito ingredients, the combination of flavors was heavenly. I'd introduced it to many friends, and not one has ever been disappointed. In fact, only one had been able to finish it in one sitting. It is also one of the few Mexican restaurants that offered Chilaquiles. a very down-home Mexican dish that nearly no other ethnic restaurant offers.
The owners were also always there, often attentive and actually on the floor, making sure the patrons were taken care of.

Cielito Lindo was a gem, one of the best, and sorely missed.

1  Thank Eli D

Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

I was hoping to grab some lunch but they are no longer open at this location. Another restaurant will be opening here but hasn't opened yet.

1  Thank Zorba K
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The title says it all. I'm a white fellow of Irish descent, and while I love all Mexican food, my palate is not as discerning when it comes to dishes that aren't centered around potatoes. My wife, however, is Mexican American, and she can't compliment the Cielito Lindo Grille enough. It's a more Southern and coastal take on Mexican cuisine than what many Americans have been conditioned to expect. Fish, olives, queso blanco, and plantains all make appearances in various dishes. However, according to my wife, the dishes are culturally authentic for the Yucatan Peninsula and points immediately north, where food is influenced by the Caribbean Sea and jungle fauna. We love this place, and every time I go there it morphs into a gastronomic geography lesson from my wife.
I HIGHLY recommend the chiles rellenos.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

So glad we tried this restaurant. We were big fans of Edgewater Cafe, which closed several years ago. Now we have a new favorite. When I saw that the burrito was $15, I was concerned. However, hands down, it was well worth it! Mine was filled with loads of tender steak, grilled shrimp, avocado, French fries (yes, you read that right!), and more. My son's burrito was a few dollars cheaper but loaded with chicken, bacon, avocado, and more. Margaritas were fresh and tasty. Free chips and salsa. Yum! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went here with a friend one night to have a drink and at first the owner(?) seemed to not want us to sit down for just drinks. The place was fairly empty but it seemed to be an issue, until finally he came and sat us at a table. We got the half pitcher of sangria, which was $12 and a glass on its own was $6.50 - so the half pitcher is clearly a better deal. The owner came by again and gave us a small helping of guacamole and chips, which he said was on the house. The guacamole was delicious and I definitely plan on coming back again for dinner!