“Best Prime Rib on the No Shore!”

Beverly Depot Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Beverly
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award winning, full service casual steak and seafood restaurant with a full liquor license. We serve fresh seafood and have an extensive, garden fresh salad bar which also includes fresh breads and cheese. Our pub side also includes appetizers, sandwiches and homemade soups and chowders. Located within a historic building which is an official train stop on the MBTA Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston's North Station. We have ample parking and free wifi. TV's located in our pub. Private function rooms available for your next event.
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here last night before the theatre, the atmosphere was so pretty.
The salad bar was pretty good, the fresh bread was warm and delicious.
He had the prime rib, was cooked perfect & absolutely delicious! I had a small filet, that was also delicious & cooked perfect.
Our server Jenna was great & very friendly!

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank tmflyaway

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I had heard that steaks here are great but before I get into a review of the food, let me mention the service and atmosphere. We were a party of six so the only time they could give us a table was at 5:00. That was understandable because the place rapidly filled up. They really pack the tables in, so that it was difficult for the folks in back to even pull out their chairs let alone sit down. The building is interesting but to keep the place true to its original use, they have left the wood ceilings as is. Acoustics are therefore terrible. We had such trouble hearing each other over the din.
We waited for our food for over an hour. The salad bar was good, not great, and they served crusty bread and cheese you could cut yourself. I had ordered the petit sirloin. It was cooked medium rare, as I wanted, was juicy, flavorful, by oh so not tender.I actually couldn't swallow several pieces.
A friend and I split what they called a white chocolate creme brule. I'm sorry but both of us thought that it tasted like it was thickened withcornstarch...more pudding like than custard.. I mentioned this to our waitress and she told me twice that this was their recipe for the dessert and that she'd never had a complaint in the seven years she had worked there. Well, make what you want out of that remark.
I know I won't be going back to the Beverly Depot any time soon.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

A wonderful experience in an old world railroad building serving the higher end food choices of Essex County residents.
We shared a large steak, intended for two. Service, food quality, added service and manager's table visit was worth the reasonable charges. A go to place, with childhood memories of the coal driven iron horses.

Recommended to all as I did Chianti's.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful our meal was. Had heard mixed reviews about Beverly Depot and had been years ago but not recently. Meal was great and we loved every bite!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This place hearkens back to the “massive-salad-bar steakhouses” of yore. There is, in fact, a wonderful salad bar with a bread and cheese station. The menu is great, as well. It is one of the only places north of Boston that has Wellington on the menu. I order it almost every time, and it’s consistently great. My wife has ordered a variety of menu items, and each was really good. The bar is also well managed and always provides good drinks with amicable service. I highly recommend this spot.

Date of visit: May 2016