All reviews granola apple muffins place to stay great location mary steve farmhouse hosts cape
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I have stayed at By the Brook B & B two times now and love it! The Inn is beautiful! I have stayed in 2 of the rooms and each have their own unique charm. Mary, Steve and their family are so welcoming, I feel like I am a part of the family. I love the homemade soaps, homemade granola and farm to table approach for breakfast with locally sourced fresh ingredients. What I enjoy most of all is having a peaceful spot to land after a busy day. By the Brook B & B is a hidden gem and I will return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Mary Z, Owner at By the Brook Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Debra,
Thank you so much for your great review. We felt like you were part of the family too!
See you soon.
Mary

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous house! Mary and her family were so welcoming! We were looking for and overnight place to stay while visiting our family we pulled up unexpected and we were welcomed with open arms. It felt more like staying with family than a bed and breakfast. The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable and the house is immaculate. Walking the grounds admiring all the trees and flowers was so peaceful! The German Shepard was a huge highlight for us we even got to meet him at breakfast which was delicious. We had yogurt with homemade granola and delicious muffins. Mary chatted with us during breakfast and shared some stories and history of the house. We can't even wait to visit again! Thank you Mary, Steve and your lovely children for all the hospitality

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrice R

Thanks Patrice! Almost time to come visit us again!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I came across By the Brook B & B while searching for lodging around Bourne, MA where I was attending a service at the national cemetery.

The first thing you'll find is the efficient and easy-to-use website. Mary, the owner, responded quickly to my inquiry and payment was easy from the portal. Other hotels in the area didn't even respond to emails.

The second thing you'll find at By the Brook is a charming guest room decorated tastefully within a well cared for farmhouse. The spaces are warm and cozy and the grounds are beautiful. I wish I'd had more time to sit on the porch and daydream.

The third thing you'll find is a delightful continental breakfast each morning. Coffee was great and accompanied by banana-apple muffins one day, creamy oatmeal another day, pumpkin bread another. Yogurt, granola, cereal, fruit and juice are also on rotation. You'll enjoy everything, especially the homemade treats.

The most important thing you'll find at By the Brook is an owner, Mary, who cares about her guests. She provided local tips and a gracious and casual hosting style. I enjoyed our conversations over coffee or whenever our paths crossed. I believe she is building a business that will succeed because of her engaging people skills, her dedication and her hard work. Check out this charming spot on the Cape. I hope to create the opportunity to return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Mary Z, Owner at By the Brook Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

I am speechless. Such an honoring review. It has special meaning to me in that you work in the travel industry and most likely have stayed at many places. Secondly, I also enjoyed our conversations. One of the best parts of opening and running our business this last year has certainly been our great guests. I have met the kindest folks and feel that I have traveled myself as I learn all about your world and your experiences. Thank you again for choosing us and for your honoring review. Mary

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Off the beaten path and close to local watering holes. Beautiful Inn. Lovely hosts. Great location. Cannot wait to go back. A hidden gem. Do yourself a favor and book a room here if you are ever in the Bourne area!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary Z, Owner at By the Brook Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your review. As we near the end of our first year in business, we realize how very important a good review is. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others. It is truly appreciated.
Mary & Steve

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This an absolutely beautiful home! It is spotlessly clean and beautifully, carefully, decorated, down to the details. Very attractive! The shaded front porch with it's rockers is such a comfortable place to relax and/or read. The grounds are attractive and very well maintained.

In a front bedroom you can hear the cars on County Road a bit. (Turning the A/C on would probably take care of that!)There is one room with a bathroom in it. It is small enough that I wonder if a very large person could get around the room easily.

The website describes the breakfast accurately. All homemade/prepared with care - granola, muffins or breads, etc. The wine offered at the end of the day was quite good too and I'm fussy about wine.

Mary and Steve are such pleasant, kind, helpful hosts. I lost prescription eye glasses at Monks Park. (A beautiful small beach with very few (maybe 4 or so people) and warm, clear water.) Mary and Steve advertised the lost glasses via town resources and even went to Monks Park, while we were at dinner, to check out a lead.

I would definitely return to this B & B!

Room Tip: You can hear the cars on County road a bit from a front room but the A/C should take care of that.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary Z, Owner at By the Brook Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved getting to know you more and hope to host you again in the future. Thank you again,
Mary & Steve